+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oh, I was in tears LONG before Maggie walked out with the baby! Andrew Lincoln broke my heart tonight. Rick's reaction to Lori's death was so visceral it took my breath away.
    He was great. I actually felt a little bad for being so happy Lori was finally gone. I was told today by a fan of the comics that her book death was waaaaay nastier. (Apparently she & the baby were steamrolled - literally - by the Governor).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    He was great. I actually felt a little bad for being so happy Lori was finally gone. I was told today by a fan of the comics that her book death was waaaaay nastier. (Apparently she & the baby were steamrolled - literally - by the Governor).
    Yikes! I didn't know that! My husband said it was later in the series once they met the Governor, but wow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wow wow wow! I was totally in tears by the end of the episode - gah! No son should ever have to go through what Carl did. I actually really liked all that Lori said and did at the end there. Rick - poor guy! Andrew Lincoln is an amazing actor. When he started breaking up, I just completely lost it. Love this show - but what a horrid ending. Poor T-Dog! Another thing I saw in the scenes for next week... looks like Daryl might get bit. I hope that's not how it plays out. Too many folks dying recently.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Loved the ringing phone! What is the proper way to answer the phone after the zombie apocalypse? I hope there's an actual person on the other end.

They kind of ruined the great acting job Andrew Lincoln did expressing anguish last week with his weird freakout this week. It didn't seem in character and frankly, it was dumb. WTF did he rough up Glenn for? Did he think that zombie ate Lori? That was more comical than anything.

And is Carol definitely dead? Did I miss something? I thought the last we saw of her, she went through a doorway after T-Dog or T-Bone or whatever the hell his name was went down. Where is she??

As for Andrea, I don't care what happens to her any more. Can't believe she didn't leave with Michonne, but I hope Michonne finds the prison gang and tells them what's going on with the creepy Governor. Speaking of - now I guess it's obvious that he is trying to get his science nerd to find a cure or a way to turn people back to human, judging from the scene with his walker daughter, but are they coralling zombies for experimentation or for their weekly UFC fights?
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ajane I watched the Talking Dead last night and the director of this episode was on and he said it was his intention to show that the zombie DID eat Lori - all of her; hence the distended belly and her hair on his face (ick!) This show doesn't usually gross me out too badly but Merle yanking out teeth and having such a good time killing off the walkers that it made my stomach turn. We thought the wall guard was going to shoot Michonne in the back as she left the compound! I hope she does find everyone at the prision then the show can stop splitting between the prision and Mayberry lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Loved the ringing phone! What is the proper way to answer the phone after the zombie apocalypse? I hope there's an actual person on the other end.
    In the comics Rick talks to someone on the phone all the time. I won't say who as it is a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Ajane I watched the Talking Dead last night and the director of this episode was on and he said it was his intention to show that the zombie DID eat Lori - all of her; hence the distended belly and her hair on his face (ick!) This show doesn't usually gross me out too badly but Merle yanking out teeth and having such a good time killing off the walkers that it made my stomach turn. We thought the wall guard was going to shoot Michonne in the back as she left the compound! I hope she does find everyone at the prision then the show can stop splitting between the prision and Mayberry lol
    I didn't realize what that zombie meant and why Rick did what he did until this morning. Now it makes sense. Her body was no longer there and this full zombie was laying there. How did the zombie die? He was already dead when Rick showed up. No wonder the guy went crazy, I would have too.

At first we thought Rick was going to be 'looking' for something of Lori's, her wedding ring or something like that :p lol so I was SUPER glad he was just brutalizing it a bit and not actually digging around for something in there!

They kind of ruined the great acting job Andrew Lincoln did expressing anguish last week with his weird freakout this week. It didn't seem in character and frankly, it was dumb. WTF did he rough up Glenn for? Did he think that zombie ate Lori? That was more comical than anything.

And is Carol definitely dead? Did I miss something? I thought the last we saw of her, she went through a doorway after T-Dog or T-Bone or whatever the hell his name was went down. Where is she??

As for Andrea, I don't care what happens to her any more. Can't believe she didn't leave with Michonne, but I hope Michonne finds the prison gang and tells them what's going on with the creepy Governor. Speaking of - now I guess it's obvious that he is trying to get his science nerd to find a cure or a way to turn people back to human, judging from the scene with his walker daughter, but are they coralling zombies for experimentation or for their weekly UFC fights?
    On Talking Dead afterwards, Greg Nicotero (who directed the episode) said that's exactly what happened. They showed the blood trail from where Lori's body had been to where the walker dragged it to eat. There were strands of her hair in the walker's mouth. I know, right? UGH.

That model they had of T-Dog's head on TD last night was SO real! It really did look like a real person. Amazing.
    J.D. likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We didn't notice the hair...but the scene made us laugh very inappropriately. So there was nothing to, um, bury in Lori's grave, and presumably nothing in Carol's either. I talked to the comic series fan again, and he had no intel on what Carol's fate actually is - he was just as confused as I was. I wouldn't let him tell me about the phone call...I'll wait till next week to be surprised.

+ Reply to Thread