+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 113 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree675Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I think the "governor" killed the military guys because if he didn't, they would eventually find his little fiefdom while looking for the injured Lt. and he *might* lose a great deal of his power over the compound. Guys like him get giddy with power and they have to stay in control. Anything that threatens that must be eliminated. And he wanted all their military weapons.

The nerdy science/experiment guy - who is the actor? He looks so familiar but I can't place him or what I've seen him in....

One more thing, in case anyone is interested......they filmed this entire season about 15 miles from my hometown. On the show they are calling it Woodbury (and there IS a real Woodbury, Ga. about 40 miles away) but the name of the community where filming took place is Senoia, Georgia. Many of the business proprietors in Senoia secured roles as extras and townspeople.
    libgirl2 and M_shelll like this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Yeah, what was up with killing all the military guys? A control thing? Why are all the Governor's flunkies afraid of him? And why was the Governor so interested in Darryl?

I figured the floating heads were experiments, too. I assumed science-guy flunky was trying to figure out why everyone turns into a walker after death, even if they aren't bitten. I noticed the military guy's head still looked human.
    Well, it's very clear the Governor is a sadistic sociopath, and he's that way in the comics. Let's give it time in the show to see if he gets as horrible as he is in the comics, the guy makes the Joker look sane.

Namely put, he killed the military men because he's a sociopath and a control freak. He figured military men would not be easy to control. It boils down to his being a control freak, he wants people to think of him as a god and obey his every command and listen to his every word, just be entirely dependant on him. The military men's weapons and vehicles were just more of a reason for him to kill them, as he gets rid of people that are likely to not obey his every command and he stocks up on useful weapons and vehicles while at it. The heads in the fish tanks? I figure it comes to his sociopathic nature, he just enjoys watching the dead heads of anybody who didn't follow his every order or could have caused him any trouble.

There is a big difference so far, though. In the comics, Andrea never got separated from the group and Michonne eventually stumbled upon the jail, dispatching her zombie companions so she'd be allowed in (in the comics we do get to learn who those zombies are), and they met the Woodbury people later on. Having Andrea separated from the group and Michonne join her in being the only people amongst the main characters in Woodbury is quite the change, especially when you add in Merle, who never appeared in the comics. Props to the show for being different, even though I still dislike it.

That being said, I do quite enjoy the point-and-click Walking Dead video game, and might buy it once it's out entirely (as the various chapters that compose it have been released separately).
    Last edited by Rembrant; 10-30-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    I think the "governor" killed the military guys because if he didn't, they would eventually find his little fiefdom while looking for the injured Lt. and he *might* lose a great deal of his power over the compound. Guys like him get giddy with power and they have to stay in control. Anything that threatens that must be eliminated. And he wanted all their military weapons.

The nerdy science/experiment guy - who is the actor? He looks so familiar but I can't place him or what I've seen him in....

One more thing, in case anyone is interested......they filmed this entire season about 15 miles from my hometown. On the show they are calling it Woodbury (and there IS a real Woodbury, Ga. about 40 miles away) but the name of the community where filming took place is Senoia, Georgia. Many of the business proprietors in Senoia secured roles as extras and townspeople.
    The nerdy science guy played Alicia's brother in the Good Wife.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    The nerdy science guy played Alicia's brother in the Good Wife.
    YES!!! Thank you, I knew I had seen him on another program.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The nerdy science guy reminded me so much of Gale on Breaking Bad; it was something about the way he delivered his lines. And the guy who plays the Governor reminded me of a younger combination of Bruce Campbell and Norm MacDonald. But I really loved this episode so much; Merle was back and there was a ton of Michonne and Andrea. This show has really picked up since the time on the farm.
    beerbelly likes this.

The show has picked up... But did I miss something with Rick and his wife? Why the distance now? Is it cause of the Shane business or the baby?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

UGH. I have a headache from crying so much. First T-Dog and then Lori? I know lots of posters hate Lori, but I never did. What a horrible end. As if Carl hasn't had to grow up enough this past season.

Aside from those MAJOR deaths, the episode seemed kind of disjointed to me. Not sure why.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Neither Lori nor T-Dog were favorites of mine, but yeah. What an awful way to go for both of them. If Carl wasn't scarred for life before, he certainly should be now. I didn't get teary until Maggie came out holding the baby and had to face Rick...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Oh, I was in tears LONG before Maggie walked out with the baby! Andrew Lincoln broke my heart tonight. Rick's reaction to Lori's death was so visceral it took my breath away.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Great episode. I especially liked the look on Merle's face when he realized the Gov isn't going to let him go look for Darryl. It was subtle yet spoke a million words. Wonder if he will leave anyway?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread