+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well in their defense, it probably is easier to find a pregnancy test in a small town then the makings for a flame thrower!
    I don't know, this show is set in the South and we're pretty well armed around here. Heavy artillery shouldn't be too hard to find, there's a local gun/knife show at least twice a month at the fairgrounds.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I don't know, this show is set in the South and we're pretty well armed around here. Heavy artillery shouldn't be too hard to find, there's a local gun/knife show at least twice a month at the fairgrounds.
    Not to mention the fact that there was all kinds of military hardware laying around the CDC when they were there. But, Dale still walked around with his bolt action hunting rifle and Rick still has his 6 shot revolver. One belt-fed machine gun would have taken out the entire horde before they crossed the field and got to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Not to mention the fact that there was all kinds of military hardware laying around the CDC when they were there.
    True. But then again, I guess it would take all the fun out of it if they all had AK-47s and could just mow down the horde in 30 seconds. But still - a 6 shot revolver? I'd at least upgrade to a 9mm or something.

I finally watched the last Talking Dead - the "in memoriam" segment was too funny!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I finally watched the last Talking Dead - the "in memoriam" segment was too funny!
    That was hysterical!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really hope they bring back The Talking Dead next season. I love Chris Hardwick and think he does a great job in this format. The show actually makes me watch TWD a second time because of the things they discuss on TTD! I like seeing fans and people involved with the show discussing it and it's fun to see how geeky some of the guests are about the show.

Every week, the "In Memorium" segment is funny, but it was hilarious this time. Probably because there were so many zombies to say goodbye to!
    J.D. likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just finished watching season 1 of Walking Dead in two days. Interesting show. Felt the a little draggy at the end. Shane comes across a little clingy but it maybe due to the situation, the apocalypse. Still a love triangle in the middle of this. Shouldn't everyone be in full survivor mode. I do wish we the viewers knew more about what happened the length of time but none of the characters talk about it. Some of the stereotypes of "dumb southerners" I don't know how to take but I would definitely stay away from someone like Daryl, his brother, Meryl and the eaten one who beat up on his wife, Eddie. I did find it interesting the gender roles, but I think some of that is still ingrained in how your parents raise you. I also found it interesting in such a small group the concept of I'll do what I want prevails. In the long run I would do what made sense to survive and hang the rest. Still as a female I would want a weapon and have someone show me how to use it. Also learn how to snare animals and not depend on one psycho butt head (Daryl). I also don't get why they are not scavenging more, especially for weapons and ammo and food.

Started episode one of season 2 and stopped when Lori Grimes made the comment to the others when Rick said to scavenge as much as they could that it is like "robbing a graveyard". My jaw dropped, woman just where the heck do you think you are? There are no more 7 Elevens, Wawas or QuickStops left. I just wanted to slap her for being so stupid.

Seriously, why is not everyone not carrying a gun or baseball ball or ax? Especially the women?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

AMC is going to have a marathon showing of all 19 episodes of season 1 and 2 over the July 7 and 8.
    football_chick likes this.

Chupacabra - season 2 episode 4

Best line ever Dale to Andrea "we have all wanted to shot Darryl".

I am up to episode 5 of season 2 where Dale learns from Glenn about the walkers in Hershel's barn. All I can say is that one of the most brutal scenes I saw was one of the daughters breaking that chicken's legs. Herschel is in one sense a strong man of principal's and I admire that and like how he leads but on the other hand he is a total nutcase keeping all those walkers in the barn.

I also think Lori is an idiot for not letting her son learn how to shot. It's a different day and kids have to pull their weight in camp for everyone's survival not like now where our childhoods are extended into out 20's. And why the heck is Lori not learning to shot everyone else was? And that 17 yr old kid with the "gangsta grip" hit him on the side of the head.

Sorry got my episodes mixed up and it was episode 5 - Chupacabra followed by episode 6 - Secrets.

+ Reply to Thread