+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 935
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

  1. #201
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Finally some action! I'm disappointed Lori is still there, but I guess they'll keep her around till she has the baby (like she needs another one to not look after). Is she the worst actress ever? I wondered after her reaction to Rick confessing he killed Shane...it was the same look my daughter gets on her face when I tell her to go clean the cat's litter box.

    WTH was that chick with the pet armless zombies??? I swear my mouth actually dropped open.

    Two useless characters down, a few more to go. I really thought we would be bidding farewell to J Dog or whatever the hell his name is, and possibly Herschel. I'm also completely over Glenn - he's a wuss and he & Maggie are a horrible couple. Darryl & Andrea are still my solid favorites.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  2. #202
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    I loved the first 40 minutes with all the zombie action and gore. And mystery--what's up with the return of the helicopter? But by the time everyone regrouped on the highway (aside from badass Andrea and the person who rescued her), I was again let down. Lori is still an idiot; she practically told Rick to kill Shane weeks ago and she's shocked her son shot zombie Shane? Honey, it's the zombie apocolypse and you came from rural Georgia--the idea of young boys learning to target shoot isn't exactly foreign. But she doesn't really say anything and just pulls faces; I don't fault the actress but the writers. I'm going to have to disagree and say I did not like that final Rick speech at all. It felt forced and read like he was auditioning for a stage production of True Blood; "I didn't ask for this" and "this is not a democracy" are total Bill Compton lines. Come to think of it, that's probably what put me off. I don't like TB Bill on TB, let alone on TWD. I did like the shot of the prison at the end; if S3 continues along what we saw in the woods with Andrea, I'll be much happier.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey lilcountriegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Someone really needs to clue me in on the chic with the armless zombie pets. I havent read the comics, and I refuse to wait until Fall to find out. Is she a "good guy" or "bad guy". Either that or link me to a website where I can get a synopsis of the comic books. I dont understand what the prison has to do with anything, other than them probably staying there next season.

    On the characters... I actually kind of like Laurie. She pi$$ed me off by being mad at Rick for shooting Shane. If I were Carl's mother, Id have chained him to something long ago. Hershel is an EXCELLENT actor (watched the marathon and his acting during Shane unleashing the barn zombies was superb!). Darryl is my favorite, and I like Rick. Glenn, eh. T-dog who? I like Maggie too. Im kinda hoping Carol and Daryl hook up.

    Now... someone wanna PM me or put something in spoiler tags on the new chic? Fall is too far away!

  4. #204
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,777

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Someone really needs to clue me in on the chic with the armless zombie pets. I havent read the comics, and I refuse to wait until Fall to find out. Is she a "good guy" or "bad guy". Either that or link me to a website where I can get a synopsis of the comic books. I dont understand what the prison has to do with anything, other than them probably staying there next season.

    On the characters... I actually kind of like Laurie. She pi$$ed me off by being mad at Rick for shooting Shane. If I were Carl's mother, Id have chained him to something long ago. Hershel is an EXCELLENT actor (watched the marathon and his acting during Shane unleashing the barn zombies was superb!). Darryl is my favorite, and I like Rick. Glenn, eh. T-dog who? I like Maggie too. Im kinda hoping Carol and Daryl hook up.

    Now... someone wanna PM me or put something in spoiler tags on the new chic? Fall is too far away!
    Just google Michonne.... its an intresting story.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #205
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    20,728

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Shoot, I googled her and spoiled myself on the identity of her "pets". Very interesting...

    What an excellent finale! The frantic escape from the farm, useless characters becoming zombie snacks, Darryl's badassery when he swooped in on his motorcycle to save Carol (does he have a crush?), and Andrea kicking zombie butt in the woods. Loved it. I don't get Lori's shocked expression when informed of Shane's demise, though. Was she pissed that her weirdo son delivered the final shot, or upset that her ex-boy toy is no longer around? Who knows with her. Rick's "respect my authoritah" speech was a little odd, but I think offing your best friend turned zombie might change your outlook on life a bit, so I'll let him slide.

    Can't wait for next season!
    Last edited by waywyrd; 03-19-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  6. #206
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,777

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Shoot, I googled her and spoiled myself on the identity of her "pets". Very interesting...

    What an excellent finale! The frantic escape from the farm, useless characters becoming zombie snacks, Darryl's badassery when he swooped in on his motorcycle to save Carol (does he have a crush?), and Andrea kicking zombie butt in the woods. Loved it. I don't get Lori's shocked expression when informed of Shane's demise, though. Was she pissed that her weirdo son delivered the final shot, or upset that her ex-boy toy is no longer around? Who knows with her. Rick's "respect my authoritah" speech was a little odd, but I think offing your best friend turned zombie might change your outlook on life a bit, so I'll let him slide.

    Can't wait for next season!
    I know, the pets are interesting.... wow! That scene was unlike anything I had ever seen on TV before other the some SciFi/Horror movie! It felt surreal....

    Darryl likes Carol ;-) And I think the feeling is mutual.

    The more I think about it, the more I think Lori was upset because Carl killed Shane. That her baby is a killer now and that he killed someone who was nearly his dad. But come on lady! The guy was reanimated!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,711

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Lori was so utterly useless and terrible. It was horribly fitting how she "found out" Carl wasn't there and then spent the first 30 minutes running aimlessly around the farm house. She is horrible in all aspects!

    Carl is an awful actor and not just because he's a kid! (See Mason on PP!) He also needs a leash.

    I'm so glad Darryl has become the defacto number 2. T Dog got to speak the last two episodes (wow!). I enjoyed all the zombie killing, the introduction of the new character, the reveal of where season 3 will be spent. Let's hope that the 16 episode season 3 are much more consistent.

  8. #208
    A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    614

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Through the first half of the show I kept thinking, "Why didn't anyone think to build a flame thrower!?" That would've worked quite nicely against that zombie herd.
    Come on, they don't have time for stuff like finding/building better weapons. They're busy with other stuff, like getting medical supplies to save Carl, getting pregnancy tests for Lori, looking for Carl, killing zombies Carl let loose, looking for Carl, killing Lori's boyfriend, looking for Carl. Come to think of it, the best thing they could do would be to get rid of Lori and Carl!

  9. #209
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,777

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Come on, they don't have time for stuff like finding/building better weapons. They're busy with other stuff, like getting medical supplies to save Carl, getting pregnancy tests for Lori, looking for Carl, killing zombies Carl let loose, looking for Carl, killing Lori's boyfriend, looking for Carl. Come to think of it, the best thing they could do would be to get rid of Lori and Carl!
    Well in their defense, it probably is easier to find a pregnancy test in a small town then the makings for a flame thrower!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey lilcountriegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Id be interested to see how this series compares to series on major networks. I hear everyone talking about The Walking Dead. Facebook posts waiting for the show to come on, etc. My only complaint is the short seasons.

    I. Need. More.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.