+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Carl needs one of those "baby leashes". That was infuriating! And I don't find him to be a very good actor.

Also where did all those zombies come from all of a sudden? I know that one followed Carl home, but it's not like he could communicate with his fellow zombie pals that there's fresh meat.

I'm not suprised Shane's gone and really not too surprised how he went the first time.

Now the group has noticed something is wrong with these newer zombies. I've read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what the Dr. Jenner told Rick at the end of season 1 had something to do with the new zombies and that we'll find out next week what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Carl needs one of those "baby leashes". That was infuriating! And I don't find him to be a very good actor.

Also where did all those zombies come from all of a sudden? I know that one followed Carl home, but it's not like he could communicate with his fellow zombie pals that there's fresh meat.

I'm not suprised Shane's gone and really not too surprised how he went the first time.

Now the group has noticed something is wrong with these newer zombies. I've read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what the Dr. Jenner told Rick at the end of season 1 had something to do with the new zombies and that we'll find out next week what was said.
    In many books I have read the zombies are drawn to sound or commotion and there has been plenty of that. Also I would think a hoard of wandering zombies would have stumbled on these people already! When food runs out in the big urban areas, they will start looking elsewhere.... in groups.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Plus the zombies are turning into freakin' ninjas! How do Rick & Carl not hear the horde lumbering towards them?
    Zombie ninjas, that's what this show needs.

Rick and Carl had me shaking my head. Well, and cussing at the tv. That was one hell of a shot by little Carl, nailing Shane square in the forehead like that (with his pilfered gun that should be given back to my man Darryl). And I'm not surprised by the descending horde with all the noise these clowns have been making. And I hate that Shane is gone! The group has lost its crazy, now it's just chock full of stupid. Except for Glenn and Darryl, I don't care if the whole group becomes zombie snacks.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Well with that zombie horde heading their way.... I'm hoping for some good zombie violence!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

As far as Shane catching "zombiesm", I thought it was from when he was on the bus and cut his finger with the knife that had been infected with zombie blood. Maybe I was confused about that. Then on Talking Dead last night it was discussed that the zombie virus might be in the air? They also pointed out how Shane was basically devolving as a human before he was killed (which I still think was set up by Lori plotting Shane and Rick against each other!). Then killed again.

I do love the show, I love the questions, I love the speculation and not knowing. And the zombies are kinda cool too.

In Mira Grant's Newsflesh series, "zombiefication" was caused by two viruses combining into one virus and even the people who didn't turn into zombies carry that new virus in their bodies. When anyone dies, they go through amplification. These books are the first thing I thought of in this episode.

Since we don't know what actually caused the zombies to turn, any theory seems pretty much as valid as any other. I'll be curious to see how much we learn in the finale about WHY the zombie apocalypse happened.

You know, shooting Zombie Shane is about the only useful thing Carl has done all season and he managed to screw that up too. Shane's gun going off was bad enough, but that second gunshot made it even worse. I actually like Rick (or maybe I just like Andrew Lincoln...), but MAN, I was practically yelling at the TV. How could he not freaking hear Zombie Shane up walking behind him?

I definitely think Shane wanted Rick to kill him. He'd gotten much more erratic over the last few weeks and in that final scene, he was almost daring Rick to kill him. Jon Bernthal is a terrific actor, but I think Shane had just run his course.
    LT1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Man, why couldn't the whole season be as good as the finale!? It was a great episode, but I'm sort of pissed off that we had to suffer through some kind of mediocre episodes when they were still capable of greatness.

I know some people don't like Laurie, but I'm happy she survived. It wasn't looking good there for a while.

I have to admit, I got a little turned on when Rick was giving his speech at the end there.

ETA: Okay and seriously, WHY did Lori have to survive!? She's the most useless character ever. I would have enjoyed seeing her taken down by
    the zombie horde.

ETA2: OMG, the "In Memorium" segment on Talking Dead this week was hilarious! "Here Walker," "There Walker," "Walker #1,#2,#3,#4" as Rick shoots them......
    Last edited by Critical; 03-19-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I loved last night's episode! This is what I have been waiting for!! I can't wait to really meet Michonne! She made quite an enterance.... and it looks like we are finally getting the prison!

Through the first half of the show I kept thinking, "Why didn't anyone think to build a flame thrower!?" That would've worked quite nicely against that zombie herd.

I have friends who hate Andrea and wanted her to die, but I like her. Throughout the series, she's actually grown and adapted to the situation and become pretty badass. Lori, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have changed one bit. She acts like her one job is to be a mother and yet she never knows where her freaking kid is. At this point, her only skills seem to be looking confused and running/screaming.

I hope the finale is a sign of things to come with season 3 because, for most of this season, I enjoyed The Talking Dead more than the actual show it was talking about! I've watched this episode 3 times already and I never do that with this show.

I was always willing to give Lori a pass, but I seriously wanted to smack her last night. Why in the heck was she mad at Rick for? IT was kill or be killed! This isn't a game! I was glad Rick finally got tough at the end. They are going to be facing alot more in the next season and they need to stick together.

+ Reply to Thread