+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184185186187188189190191192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,938 of 1938
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! The other week ago, I was watching and there was a baby and I thought, "Did Maggie have the baby and I missed it?" That's how much of a narrative mess this show has become.

I started to watch last night and just got bored. I kept switching back and forth but really wasn't interested. Them killing Carl is probably the last straw for me.

I thought they used to TELL the actors when their character's death was in the works. Like WELL in advance, so they had time to prepare for it. I don't know how Chandler found out, but I remember several actors (can't remember which ones) saying pretty recently that they found out when they read the script. That's kind of crappy, IMO. I hope they told Chandler well ahead of time and were kind about it because he's still just a kid. Yes, a very mature kid, but still a kid. I get the feeling he's very professional and mature, so maybe it's easy to forget that he's NOT an adult. I'll always remember him blushing head-to-toe on TD when they asked him about the scene with Carl and Enid hiding from walkers in the hollowed out tree trunk. He was adorable. After being so well spoken and impressive throughout the episode, that was the moment when you said, "Aw, he really is still a kid."

I don't think I want to see a WD world where Carl is dead
    I read that Chandler was only told when he was filming a few episodes before and he was totally shocked, he thought he'd be there until the end

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I read that Chandler was only told when he was filming a few episodes before and he was totally shocked, he thought he'd be there until the end
    This really stinks. I get it characters die, but not him. Him and Negan have such good "chemistry".
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Scott Gimple said Carl's bite will play out like other bites, but in some cases, people lived. Maybe they can carve it out? I am hoping....I can't imagine this show without Carl either. On a plus note, if it is fatal, Chandler will still be a busy actor and musician.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

I was SO wishing that Chris Hardwick would just unload on Scott M. Gimple during TD. He's too nice to do it, plus he IS a paid shill for the show, so he needs to keep his gig on AMC. Still, I wished someone had called him out on the decision to kill a beloved character for no good reason AND blindside the young actor who played him. That last part seems especially callous to me.

I haven't been emotionally invested in the show in a while - probably since Sanctuary, if I'm being honest - but now I almost don't care at all what happens.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Beautifully said.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was SO wishing that Chris Hardwick would just unload on Scott M. Gimple during TD. He's too nice to do it, plus he IS a paid shill for the show, so he needs to keep his gig on AMC. Still, I wished someone had called him out on the decision to kill a beloved character for no good reason AND blindside the young actor who played him. That last part seems especially callous to me.

I haven't been emotionally invested in the show in a while - probably since Sanctuary, if I'm being honest - but now I almost don't care at all what happens.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fanatic

I saw an article where the writer's opinion was that Negan's character might be there for the longhaul and he wouldn't be surprised if Negan become more of a 'good guy' eventually. lol I hope that's not the case and that this storyline ends in the second half of the season.

I hope Carol kills negan, then gets married to Morgan. But I don't watch the show anymore so whatever.

Carol is lethal! if anyone can get rid of the big bads and survive, its Carol!!

+ Reply to Thread