+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183184185186187188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1938
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Why does Rick need the trash people again?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Why does Rick need the trash people again?
    More people to fight on his side. A lot of the Kingdom people were killed.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If they really did just kill Carl, I'm done. That's it for me. This show has gotten progressively worse over the seasons and now it's just a muddled mess. Too many characters, too many storylines, too much of the characters we've grown to love being brutalized and killed. Obviously, death is expected on this show, but it's become too much. This feels like simply a way to shock the audience and I just don't care any more.

I'm happy now that Lennie James is moving to FtWD. It's a better show and he's too good an actor to be wasted on WD any longer.
    cablejockey, beerbelly and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Carl is definitely done for. That's a huge departure from the comics. I read that Chandler Riggs wants to go do some other things (college included), but...damn. When was he bitten, was it when he saved Siddiq?

Eugene was slightly less slimy this episode. I guess all that self-loathing finally got to him. I don't see the rush to get Maggie a doctor, it seems like she's been pregnant for a couple years now.

What I thought was REALLY stupid was Negan coming in and blasting the hell out a perfectly livable, gated community with some really nice houses, solar panels, supplies, food, etc. You need those things, why burn them all down?! They've turned Negan into such a cartoonish villain (not at all blaming JDM, I blame the writers). When Carl was asking Negan if this is really the person he wanted to be and Negan looked pretty hurt, I was all excited that they might show some depth of character that has been lacking with Negan. Of course, it didn't go any further than that. *sigh*

I'll stick it out until the bitter end, but the core group of characters getting constantly stomped on for years is just draining to watch.
    beerbelly and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

i have a feeling Carl's death is going to affect Negan in some way, but it was dumb of them to destroy Alexandra. So much they could have used! Maybe it was just Negan's ego that they don't need anything but him?
    waywyrd likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

I've been enjoying the music from this season, it has an 80's original Terminator movie type feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Carl is definitely done for. That's a huge departure from the comics. I read that Chandler Riggs wants to go do some other things (college included), but...damn. When was he bitten, was it when he saved Siddiq?
    And yet....'Walking Dead' Star Was Blindsided By Character's Shocking Death: 'Wasn't My Decision' | toofab.com
    Sounds like he was totally shocked by the firing. He just bought a house in GA.

I used to say I'd be in it until the end, but I find that I barely care about the characters now. They seem to be killing off all of the originals and because there are SO MANY characters being brought in, there's not really enough time for us to get to know them. I don't care about any of the new people and Negan is just over-the-top annoying now. I love JDM, but Negan is a boor. I'll probably watch on an off and keep watching TD, but I care so much less than I did in the early years when the show was just so much better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I agree with you all. I just slogged through it. Plus, it's so dark I have no idea who and what is on the screen (my fault as I have an old tv).

And yes, Maggie has been pregnant for 3 years now.
    waywyrd, Critical and petertracy like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I agree with you all. I just slogged through it. Plus, it's so dark I have no idea who and what is on the screen (my fault as I have an old tv).

And yes, Maggie has been pregnant for 3 years now.
    I was thinking the same thing! The other week ago, I was watching and there was a baby and I thought, "Did Maggie have the baby and I missed it?" That's how much of a narrative mess this show has become.

I started to watch last night and just got bored. I kept switching back and forth but really wasn't interested. Them killing Carl is probably the last straw for me.

I thought they used to TELL the actors when their character's death was in the works. Like WELL in advance, so they had time to prepare for it. I don't know how Chandler found out, but I remember several actors (can't remember which ones) saying pretty recently that they found out when they read the script. That's kind of crappy, IMO. I hope they told Chandler well ahead of time and were kind about it because he's still just a kid. Yes, a very mature kid, but still a kid. I get the feeling he's very professional and mature, so maybe it's easy to forget that he's NOT an adult. I'll always remember him blushing head-to-toe on TD when they asked him about the scene with Carl and Enid hiding from walkers in the hollowed out tree trunk. He was adorable. After being so well spoken and impressive throughout the episode, that was the moment when you said, "Aw, he really is still a kid."

I don't think I want to see a WD world where Carl is dead
    cablejockey likes this.

Carl is totally dead and it wasn't the actor's choice, nope he didn't just want to go to college like many thought, they chose to do this. I have already quit the show and its very freeing. It's so much less traumatic to just hear about it the next day.

Poor Coral.

They can bite me!!!!! No pun intended

+ Reply to Thread