+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I continue to despise Lori, but I didn't find Dale as insufferable as you guys have. I prefer him to Shane.

I felt that this episode had much more plot driven action versus all the dialogue of all episodes prior.

I think Dale is okay too....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Am I the only one watching this anymore?

I didn't think for one second that Rick was going to leave Shane in that bus. Though really, he would have deserved it for launching into Rick like that (and I'm one of the few who likes Shane).
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm still watching it! I was watching it and the Oscars, so I missed some of it. I am not surprised Rick went back. That is just the type of person he is. And lets face it, they have lost so many people already.

Did you hear who will be playing the Governor?? I cannot wait! Love this guy!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I simply did not understand the reasoning that led them to leave that young guy behind in the prison yard. Why would he want to rejoin the ones that left him to die on that fence? Just an excuse to have Rick & Shane alone so they could have it out. However, it was great to finally see some action instead of all the dull drama with Lori (who I cannot stand ). Also not liking Maggie much after yesterday's epi. I haven't read the graphic novels, but I wonder if this is leading up to a big bloodbath at the end of the season. There are a lot of expendable characters who don't have a lot to do (T-Bone & Hershel's family, except maybe Maggie).
    J.D. likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Lori jumped the shark for me when she went after Rick for no reason and smashed up the car. That was just plain stupid and made no sense to me at all. Not a Dale fan at all since the hiding of the weapons thing (If I caught him taking my gun, I would shoot him myself) No freakin' defense from the walking dead - not happenin' AT ALL! Personally, I like Shane, especially without his shirt. I wasn't sure if Rick was going to leave him in that bus but you knew he couldn't do it. As for Maggie, if I had no chance at all against the dead and my house was surrounded or something, I would shoot myself first before they got me, but would fight until the very end.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I thought I was the only one watching this show! Glad I found this thread. I'm glued to it every Sunday - I also love the Talking Dead which follows.

eta: Oh, and I absolutely think Lori is setting up a great fight between Rick and Shane. I hope it's as good as the one last week. She's a manipulative beeyotch, and I don't like her, but I want to see what havoc she causes between the two alphas.
    Last edited by J.D.; 03-04-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: to call Lori a name

Did anyone see the story a few days ago about the HUGE spoiler accidentally leaked by AMC? In the details of the DVD listing on AMC's site, they may have given away a big spoiler. I'll put the link in spoiler tags in case anyone wants to read the article since the URL includes the name of the actor/actress the spoiler involves:

Okay, it looks like the link itself doesn't list the name, but I wanted to be sure. I was pretty shocked that the AMC folks would be so careless.

I've been watching the show, but I've actually been finding The Talking Dead afterwards more entertaining. That's probably not what AMC was hoping for, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-04-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: just retyping that in English....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Good god, can NO ONE watch Carl? He goes to see the prisoner, he steals Daryl's gun, he frees up and arms a zombie, he sidles back to the barn for the execution, and he doesn't go back to the house but watches the death scene. That kid is trouble.
    J.D. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Good god, can NO ONE watch Carl? He goes to see the prisoner, he steals Daryl's gun, he frees up and arms a zombie, he sidles back to the barn for the execution, and he doesn't go back to the house but watches the death scene. That kid is trouble.
    I despise Carl. I despise him in this show, and I despise him a huge deal more in the comic book (which I read at the comic book shop I frequent but don't buy). And now I read hat it's because of him that my favorite character gets killed? Ugh! This is like the only time I actively wish for a kid's death in a horror movie/show, and it makes me feel rotten, but I can't help myself. Gosh, I don't know what Robert Kirkman is doing, but this show has been on a huge downhill road since the finale of season 1 and it's just not picking back up.
    brunette trixie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread