+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Is everyone losing interest this season? Not a single comment all day.

Pretty much the only character I enjoyed this week was Daryl. Again. And the young kid, who was probably really glad he went on the "shopping" trip with whatsherface.
    I find that I'm not watching as faithfully as I did last season. I had company last week and the person isn't into this genre, so I didn't watch. I turned it on for a bit this week, but then tuned out. I'm not a huge fan of this genre, so I'm not one to judge whether the show is falling off.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The Walking Dead is a niche comic book. They need to depart from it if they want to keep a TV show fan base. I think they've done this to some extent - they didn't kill Shane, but killed off Otis, etc. There have been new characters, and some new material.

I think the problem this season is that they haven't changed the pacing enough. It can take multiple issues of a comic book for the plot to advance. You can easily adapt a couple years of a comic book into a two hour movie. Not sure what happened at this farm in the comics, but on the show it probably shouldn't have taken more than two episodes to get through it. Even if they leave next week they will have spent 4 weeks on what seems to be only a few days spent at the farm.

Both True Blood and the Vampire Diaries have managed to create successful shows by starting with adapting written source material but quickly getting their own identities. These were cases where there was a lot more source material to work with, and big changes were made anyway to make them work on TV. The Walking Dead should be taking the same approach.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I agree the pacing is off. I've actually used the last two episodes as sleep inducers. Nothing really has happened in the past three episodes that couldn't have happened in 1 to 1.5 episodes. I don't mind slow simmering stories, otherwise I'd never put up with Mad Men, but something interesting has to happen. The whole zombie in the well bit caused suspense but at the same time caused a WTF? reaction because, zombie in or out of that water, who is going to drink it now that it's been festering in there for who knows how long. And Lori being pregnant...wasn't that implied last season? Even if it weren't, it was a total soap move on the love triangle that I have zero interest in. I'd rather watch Shane, Andrea, Glenn & T-Dog take off to parts unknown and Daryl striking out to find Merle, and leave the rest of the cast back on the farm to monolog each other to death.
    waywyrd and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I agree the pacing is off. I've actually used the last two episodes as sleep inducers. Nothing really has happened in the past three episodes that couldn't have happened in 1 to 1.5 episodes. I don't mind slow simmering stories, otherwise I'd never put up with Mad Men, but something interesting has to happen. The whole zombie in the well bit caused suspense but at the same time caused a WTF? reaction because, zombie in or out of that water, who is going to drink it now that it's been festering in there for who knows how long. And Lori being pregnant...wasn't that implied last season? Even if it weren't, it was a total soap move on the love triangle that I have zero interest in. I'd rather watch Shane, Andrea, Glenn & T-Dog take off to parts unknown and Daryl striking out to find Merle, and leave the rest of the cast back on the farm to monolog each other to death.
    I agree on the pregnancy part....smh -- so far the episodes I have seen just not doing it for me...I LOVED the first season, but so far this season...is so whatever....please bring the action of the first season back....that was such a kick butt season and that is what I am looking for they reeled me with in last season and I want more of it.

Well, the barn turned out to be what I was hoping for.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well, the barn turned out to be what I was hoping for.
    If only they'd gotten to it faster! It's interesting for sure, but it looks like they are going to take several episodes to "explore" this development, along with the pregnancy, etc... Can we please move the plot along a little faster. I realize farm life is slower paced than city life, but this is fiction, not real life.

My husband complains that it moves too slow, I don't have much of a problem with it. I'd rather have them take their time, then rush into things and everyone is eaten. Kind of final.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    I'd rather have them take their time, then rush into things and everyone is eaten.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind a bit if a herd of walkers rushed in and just ate Andrea. Freaking idiot, shooting my fave character like that.

And while we're at it, let's toss in the ever-useless T-Dog and Dale, too, with his perpetual bewildered, bug-eyed expression.

How badass is Daryl, to fall of a cliff twice, pull an arrow out of his side and shoot a zombie with it? Though I don't think the ear necklace will ever take the fashion world by storm.

Are they ever going to find Sophia? I've almost forgotten what the girl looks like, she's been gone so long.
    AJane and Duckyface like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I commented to my husband that I hope this Sophia story line ends soon. Lets face facts, by now, with all those walkers, she probably is dead. Maybe she is even in the barn?

I did want to smack Andrea... I can't stand her. I like Carol. Abusive husband, child missing with zombies milling around and she has it together.

After a few days without water, Sophia is definitely dead even if she managed to avoid any walkers. I realize there was a creek, but what if she went further into the forest instead of following the creek? A young girl like that can't possibly have the skills to know what kind of food to eat out there either.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread