+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

We totally need a zombie smiley!

I'm SO excited for the premiere tonight! I love this show, even though I end up watching about half of it with my hands over my eyes!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm glad for the HD, which means I can watch on Westcoast at 6pm...

The sound effects are giving me the heebie jeebies...and excellent makeup

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I love this show, even though I end up watching about half of it with my hands over my eyes!
    This one had enough gore to make the squeamish dive under the couch. The scene where they dug through the innards to make sure the one zombie didn't eat the girl even made me wince, and gore doesn't bother me.

Where IS that kid, anyway? And now the little boy is hurt. Excellent premiere, though.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    This one had enough gore to make the squeamish dive under the couch. The scene where they dug through the innards to make sure the one zombie didn't eat the girl even made me wince, and gore doesn't bother me.

Where IS that kid, anyway? And now the little boy is hurt. Excellent premiere, though.
    I was hoping they wouldn't find the girl at the end of the episode as that would be too tidy of an ending. The ending I did NOT expect!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Wow - the show seems to be following the horror "kids are expendable" trope. I hate when cute little kids are the victims.

Random impressions: why the hell are they driving that RV? Can't they find something that doesn't break down daily? And how badly do they really need that noisy helicopter?

Do the zombies seem smarter, faster, and better coordinated now? Do the people seem dumber? I can tell you that I wouldn't wander around an ancient traffic jam aimlessly when I knew zombies could show up at any time. Come to think of it, I can't imagine spending that amount of time looking for a lost member of the group at all.

Lastly, I cannot imagine being a member of that group and not having a gun for my own defense.

I was wondering about how the zombies seemed to get smarter in some ways. For example when the zombie was in the RV he seemed to sense that someone was there, yet they could just hide under the cars and virtually none of the zombies noticed??

Certainly a surprise ending. I'm curious to see where things go and how close they're sticking to the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I was wondering about how the zombies seemed to get smarter in some ways.
    Eating all those brains is making them smarter.

And good grief, yes - why don't they ditch that piece of junk camper already and nab something a little more dependable? Sheesh.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I was wondering about how the zombies seemed to get smarter in some ways. For example when the zombie was in the RV he seemed to sense that someone was there, yet they could just hide under the cars and virtually none of the zombies noticed??

Certainly a surprise ending. I'm curious to see where things go and how close they're sticking to the comic.
    I think the zombie in the camper heard her messing with the gun.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Last season the zombies were afraid to cross water. Toward the end, they figured out it was safe for them and crossed. I think they evolve as time goes by. They certainly seem smarter. Let's hope they don't figure out how to shoot guns!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think the zombie in the camper heard her messing with the gun.
    Yeah, it just seemed so odd that he could then try to open the door, albeit a flimsy one. I'm really curious to see what happens this week with their son.

+ Reply to Thread