+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cape on NBC

FORT Newbie

The Cape on NBC

Hey Everyone,

I'm a huge reality junkie but I just saw the commercial for the new show The Cape on NBC and it looked awesome. This cop Vince Faraday is framed for murders and crimes he didn't commit and is presumed dead. But really he is being trained to be the next big superhero, The Cape, and help save his corrupt city from more evil.

It looks like it has an amazing cast too!! I love James Frain--he can so play the manipulative bad guy like he did on True Blood and The Tudors.

Go on the NBC website and check it out! IT PREMIERES THIS SUNDAY AT 9PM FOR TWO HOURS!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Cape on NBC

I plan to try this one out. I like many of the talented cast members including James Frain and Summer Glau.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched last night and I'm not 100% sure if I like it or not. There were some really good moments and action-pieces, but there were also some that fell flat (in my opinion).

For those that missed it last night, they're reairing the two hours tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4143807;
    I watched last night and I'm not 100% sure if I like it or not. There were some really good moments and action-pieces, but there were also some that fell flat (in my opinion).

For those that missed it last night, they're reairing the two hours tonight.
    I agree, but I'm going to give it a few more chances. I like the cast and the premise seems to have possibilities. It can be hard to judge from a pilot alone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I enjoyed it, but I have doubts about whether it can get the ratings to stay on the air. As a Joss Whedon fan, of course I love Summer Glau and I thought she did a great job. Same with the lead actor. I thought the show was cool and atmospheric and, while it has lots of potential, I'm not sure it will be given enough time to build an audience. I haven't read anything about the ratings for the pilot yet...
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've been pretty surprised that I've heard nothing about this show ratings-wise. Did it do well, did it not?! No idea! It seemed well advertised, but then the premiere kind of just snuck up.
    I'll be watching next Monday!

To the Point

I felt that the show gained momentum as the episode progressed. I found the beginning to be soooo "comic book", for lack of a better description, that it was difficult to move past, however, as the show moved along I became much more interested.

FORT Regular

I liked the cast but the show wasnt good. I cant see this lasting. Cancelled after 5 eps IMO

Just FYI: The Cape has been pulled. There is one more episode left. It will be "aired" online on NBC at some point.

The only thing surprising is that it stayed on the air as long as it did. I really wanted to like this show, but it put me to sleep.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast