+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I'm incapable of reading one book in the series without reading ALL of them, so I'm the same way, CCL; the books all blend together because I read them as one REALLY long book. I had to go look at a breakdown of the events in each book so I could see where they might be going this season.

It's going to get even more complicated next season as they tackle books 4 and 5 at the same time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When I read them, I read books 4 and 5 at the same time, alternating a couple chapters. I think they can do just fine if they just thing of it as one storyline and go from there.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I sort of fell into a hole of various videos showing the CGI effects used on the show. There are a bunch of them, but these two are especially good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GkA6rIPDc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU3TW0285d8
    inthegarden likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

You know the show has hit the big time when HRH visits the set:
    10463017_761028797252286_1727520553105608322_n.jpg

For the record, she did not try sitting in the Iron Throne.

ETA: Today article with more pics and video: Queen Elizabeth visits 'Game of Thrones' set, declines Iron Throne - News - TODAY.com

I saw that on the news at lunch today. Pretty cool.

Saw this funny video of a guy doing impressions of a lot of the characters. He's pretty good!

Even Though 'GOT' Is Over, At Least You Have This Guy's Excellent Impressions - Digg

He does drop a few f-bombs, so I wouldn't watch at work.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You know the show has hit the big time when HRH visits the set:
    Attachment 29919

For the record, she did not try sitting in the Iron Throne.

ETA: Today article with more pics and video: Queen Elizabeth visits 'Game of Thrones' set, declines Iron Throne - News - TODAY.com
    She was probably thinking "One's own throne is much more comfortable. And one doesn't have to play games - one is the Queen and will be to the end, think what you will, Charles!"
    Critical likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Looking at that picture, I have to think that either Conleth Hill's hair grows SUPER fast or he's wearing a hair piece. That looks like at least 6 months of hair growth. How long ago did season 4 shooting wrap?

+ Reply to Thread