+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

UGH! As excited for the finale as I was is about as disappointed as I am now. Wasted time with that invented fight between Brienne and the Hound when they could have had two separate and shorter scenes that would have advanced the plot and one of them could have been the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lady Stoneheart reveal at the end of book 3

The fact that the claimed they were going to end the season where book 3 ended and then didn't do that....well, I don't get it. They had a kick@ss ending right there that would have blown people's minds and they didn't do it. WTF?

I've been waiting three years to see "Where do the whores go?" and then they left it out. One of the great moments of the book.

*SIGH* Still a great finale, especially for those who didn't read the book, but it's hard knowing that some of the best material got left out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, I completely agree!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I've been waiting for that line too and was really surprised it was left out given the repetition through the journey. I was also hoping for "I guess Tywin Lannister doesn't actually s**t gold" but there's still time next season. And when it went black I was still waiting for Lady SH. *SIGH*
    Wag more, bark less

I haven't gotten that far in the books, so I don't know what I missed...but I sure enjoyed the finale! That was an excellent way for Tywin to go, the rotten bastard. I sorta felt bad for the Hound, though. Was that really it for him? Arya has turned into a cold-hearted little thing.

Everything is such a mess now. I will be caught up on my reading by next season!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Does anybody else find Charles Dance (Tywin) super attractive? I know he's old, but dang. Is that weird?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Nah, he is a good looking man, lol. Then again, I find The Imp sexy as hell!
    waywyrd and Uncle David like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think Charles Dance is sexy as well.And that voice? Purrrrrrr...
    Last edited by princessKIM; 06-17-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Clarity

Agreed about Charles Dance. If you haven't seen the video of him reading Fifty Shades of Grey (thanks for the PM reminder of how great it is, CCL!), I highly recommend a search on YouTube.

I also have a major thing for Rory McCann, even under the scar makeup. I think it goes back to watching and loving him on The Book Group where he was such an unlikely heartthrob.

For fans of the book, Entertainment Weekly has been doing a nice postmortem of each episode for viewers who've read the books. Lots of spoilers, so be forewarned: Read 'A Song of Ice and Fire'? Talk 'Game of Thrones' finale here! | PopWatch | EW.com

The article brings up some great points about the missing moment at the end and why it needs to happen. They also reminded me of the other thing that was absent from the episode - COLDHANDS! That's a major thing for me in the books. A fun mystery. I'm sad that it looks to have been axed from the series.

I'm re-reading the books and am reminded of how much I liked Strong Belwas. Miss him on the show too.

In spite of my complaints, I DO still love the show. I just love the books more.
    2boysmom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Brilliant You Tube video. Interesting that the writing is laughably not hot, and yet even with his tongue in cheek, Dance pulls it off.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Brilliant You Tube video. Interesting that the writing is laughably not hot, and yet even with his tongue in cheek, Dance pulls it off.
    I love how he manages to simultaneously elevate the material and also let us know he thinks it's crap. It's right up there with Benedict Cumberbatch reading R. Kelly lyrics on Kimmel a while back.

CCL

He (Dance) does a reading every year on this British end-of-the-year quiz show. I was watching old ones when I came across that clip. The one I saw yesterday had him reading from Mel B aka Scary Spice's autobiography.

I read the first few books all one summer so they're a big jumbled in my head as to what happens in which book. So I wasn't really surprised when the one character did not show up at the ending (no names for non-book readers). I hope they don't drop that storyline all together though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread