+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3575767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    ...but even more than that, by Jon's miraculous lack of serious injury after having his face smashed into an anvil by the raging, hulking Styr (bone-crunching sound track included). Don't get me wrong, I don't crave to see that pretty face of his get all messed up - but in an episode that was, otherwise, pretty darned successful in transporting me from the here and now - those 2 events made me eye-roll and say "Yeah, riiiiiight ..."
    LOL, I commented about that during the show as well. I don't want to see him all mangled, but it was pretty crazy considering how hard his head was (ostensibly) bashed into the anvil! I don't even think he had a nose bleed a few moments later!!

FORT Fan

This season it has seemed like HBO has taken more liberties with the books than it has in the past. More liberties than I would have liked. I didn't really understand the purpose of having Bran be at Craster's. The book version worked just fine. Can't believe we haven't seen Brienne in a couple of episodes now. While I don't like what happened in that regard, it happened much earlier in the story. Oh well, I can't always get what I want in GoT world.

I agree with others about the Jon/Ygritte bubble of protection in the middle of that battle. I've never been that big a fan of Ygritte, either in the books or on the show. Her death on the page is given much less attention. I would have preferred that. It would have been more realistic for a death in the middle of a battle.

That continuous crane shot of the battle about 40 minutes in was spectacular. Kudos to all involved.

A few weeks ago I read an interview with Benioff and Weiss and they said that the season will end with the end of book 3. That means we'll see
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the death of Tywin (and hopefully Shae), the escape of Tyrion, the reveal of Lady Stoneheart (which I think should be the final shot of the season) and Jon will become the new Lord Commander...and Stannis will arrive at the Wall with his army. I read something promising a major event with Dany too, but I can't imagine what it will be. Maybe they're pulling from book 5. Maybe the reveal that Drogon killed a child?

The finale will be 66 minutes, but that's not very much time to fit all of that in!

I'd said it before: the season finale is going to be BANANAS!

ETA: I found an article about that crane shot, which includes an interview with the director and a video clip of the shot:
    The masterful 360-degree long shot in yesterday's Game of Thrones
    Last edited by Critical; 06-10-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Great infographic of the entire series up to the last episode:
    Game of Thrones | Fishfinger Creative Agency | Advertising | Branding | Design

ETA: okay, I think it may just be up until episode 8 of this season. Ygritte is still alive.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-11-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Great infographic of the entire series up to the last episode:
    Game of Thrones | Fishfinger Creative Agency | Advertising | Branding | Design

ETA: okay, I think it may just be up until episode 8 of this season. Ygritte is still alive.
    That infographic is fantastic especially wonderful are the expressive little graphics of each character.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    This season it has seemed like HBO has taken more liberties with the books than it has in the past. More liberties than I would have liked. I didn't really understand the purpose of having Bran be at Craster's. The book version worked just fine. Can't believe we haven't seen Brienne in a couple of episodes now. While I don't like what happened in that regard, it happened much earlier in the story. Oh well, I can't always get what I want in GoT world.
    I think that from a show perspective they are just trying to keep connections between the characters. Plus, (if I recall correctly) Bran's storyline wasn't exactly action-packed in the book once they got beyond the wall. Lots of traveling in the cold. I was fine with how it played out in the book, but I'm not sure it would have been as interesting to watch on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I think that from a show perspective they are just trying to keep connections between the characters. Plus, (if I recall correctly) Bran's storyline wasn't exactly action-packed in the book once they got beyond the wall. Lots of traveling in the cold. I was fine with how it played out in the book, but I'm not sure it would have been as interesting to watch on the show.
    I think it got more action packed as they got closer to the destination.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Someone at Slate created a virtual graveyard. You can leave flowers on the "graves" of all the characters who died:
    Game of Thrones Deaths: Mourn dead characters at their virtual graveyard.

No surprise - Ned Stark is in the lead.

FORT Fan

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it in the thread or not, but the online site Happy Place does a recap of each episode as if it happened on facebook. I love those posts. They are an accurate run down of the events with a humorous touch.

Too soon?

h393CABD4.jpg

ETA: The Fathers Day promo they've been running today for the season finale is hilarious!
    Last edited by Critical; 06-15-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    waywyrd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread