+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Peter Dinklage sums of GOT for someone who's never seen it (in 45 seconds):
    “Stabby, stabby, stabby, stabby, sexy, sexy, sexy, stabby, stabby, stabby, beautiful beautiful language and beautiful scenes of poetry and musings on the world as we know it in King’s Landing. A couple of jokes. Then more stabby stabby….”
    Peter Dinklage Perfectly Describes 'Game Of Thrones'
    OMG that was hysterical!
    KAREN

The battle between The Mountain and Oberyn is about to start and I can't believe how worried I am, even though I know how it turns out. I don't like when they change the plot of the books too much, but I was sort of hoping they'd do it this time. I guess it's necessary for what comes next, but I still hate it. I really like Oberyn.

*SIGH* They didn't change it. "You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children." For some reason, Oberyn's death was always much more emotional for me than some of the more well-established characters in the series, like Robb for example. Maybe it's that he was trying to avenge his sister's death.

The next big thing I'm waiting for this season: "Where do the whores go?" CANNOT. WAIT.
    DesertRose and short_lived like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I wanted more Oberyn! I knew it was coming, and what a great battle scene, but I had a little bit of hope that it would end differently. Ah well, on to the next. Oh look at Sansa upping her game!

Well that didn't go as I'd hoped. Oberyn was quickly becoming a favorite of mine, too. Sigh.

And yes, look at Sansa! I didn't think the girl had a devious bone in her body.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CCL

I liked Oberyn more in the show than in the book so I was dreading the outcome. :/ His lines to the Mountain made me think of Inigo Montoya.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I havent read the books nor peaked online as to the outcome. I didnt realize I liked Oberyn as much as I did. It kinda ruined my night. I would have rather him get beat outright. As the Mountain lay on the ground, with Oberyn stepping around him shouting at the Lannisters, I kept saying "Does the Mountain still have a sword in his hand! Finish him before he pulls a Terminator move". Ugh, that was brutal, and my dismay was only compounded by Cersei's smug smile when he perished. I loved watching Jaimie reaction as he watched Oberyn for the first time, being totally impressed. Still sick as to the outcome.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

Jamie5632 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, that is hysterical!! As a book reader I knew what was coming but I still had to wince when my non-reader husband said "I really like this guy" just before the fight scene!!
    Wag more, bark less

I'm surprised no one has posted about the episode last night!

I thought the special effects were fantastic. The giants, mammoths, people climbing up the wall, etc. I thought everything looked beautiful. I also liked seeing Jon take control!

My only *very small* gripe would be that in this world were everything is cold brutality, having Jon take a moment out of a battle to grieve over Ygritte seemed like an odd choice. Touching, yes. But it still struck me as a bit odd.

There is SO MUCH left to wrap up in this last episode! My DVR says it will be an extra 15 mins, but I wish it was even more. There are a couple of things I really want to see in this last show of the season. I hope I won't be disappointed!!
    Duckyface and Fo'Realz? like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I finally got to watch this week's episode - and over all, WOW! The battle for Castle Black took my breath away, time and again.
    Fantastic special effects, as you mentioned, ClosetRTWatcher - That scythe! YIKES! (I wonder, did Mance Rayder, being an ex-crow, warn his wall-climbers about that?!?)

The nit-picker in me was slightly piqued by the incongruity of the apparent "bubble of safety" in which Jon & Ygritte were able to exchange their final farewell, but even more than that, by Jon's miraculous lack of serious injury after having his face smashed into an anvil by the raging, hulking Styr (bone-crunching sound track included). Don't get me wrong, I don't crave to see that pretty face of his get all messed up - but in an episode that was, otherwise, pretty darned successful in transporting me from the here and now - those 2 events made me eye-roll and say "Yeah, riiiiiight ..."
    Duckyface likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread