+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I've just watched Tyrion's tirade for at least the 10th time, and it still gets better with each viewing.
    waywyrd and DesertRose like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Oh, the look on Tyrion's face when Prince Oberyn stepped up to be his champion. I was grinning like an idiot. But can he take down the Mountain?

And I think I love Littlefinger for what he did. The shove, not the creepy kiss.
    Uncle David likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

The build up in the conversation between Tyrion and Oberyn was fantastic! I don't remember having a particular affinity for Oberyn when I read the books, but I'm really liking Oberyn on the show!!

I'm also really enjoying the great job they are doing with the Hound/Arya story line.

I have to admit I was kind of skeeved out by the scene with Daenerys telling Daario to get rid of his clothes. I have a hard time forgetting how old the character is supposed to be in the books. I'm also not warming up to this Daario replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm also not warming up to this Daario replacement.
    I prefer the actor they had playing him before. This guy doesn't do much for me.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Maybe this actor isn't as pretty as the original one, but I sure enjoyed the rear view

Get ready, 'cause the rest of the season is going to be BANANAS! I can't wait!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I'm also really enjoying the great job they are doing with the Hound/Arya story line.
    My gf and I were saying the same thing. I really like how they interact.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

As he does every year, my husband let out his "NNOOOOO I CAN'T WAIT TWO WEEKS!!!" as he perpetually forgets they skip Memorial Day. I'm usually right there with him, but after reading the books this off-season, I was able to say "you're going to need the break so you can have the best chance possible to be ready for what's coming and the ride you're about to go on!!" I really thought reading the books might dampen the show, but it has only enhanced it for me. I spend these ten weekends wishing them away/waiting for Sunday nights!!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Leaked list of (at least some) new characters for season five: The Characters In 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Have Been Leaked

Super excited about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The Sand Snakes!
    FireWoman and Jamie5632 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Peter Dinklage sums up GOT for someone who's never seen it (in 45 seconds):
    “Stabby, stabby, stabby, stabby, sexy, sexy, sexy, stabby, stabby, stabby, beautiful beautiful language and beautiful scenes of poetry and musings on the world as we know it in King’s Landing. A couple of jokes. Then more stabby stabby….”
    Peter Dinklage Perfectly Describes 'Game Of Thrones'
    Last edited by Critical; 05-28-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    waywyrd and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Peter Dinklage sums of GOT for someone who's never seen it (in 45 seconds):
    “Stabby, stabby, stabby, stabby, sexy, sexy, sexy, stabby, stabby, stabby, beautiful beautiful language and beautiful scenes of poetry and musings on the world as we know it in King’s Landing. A couple of jokes. Then more stabby stabby….”
    Peter Dinklage Perfectly Describes 'Game Of Thrones'
    OMG that was hysterical!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread