+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I am highly annoyed with Amazon at the moment. They have that four book boxed set marked down to less than $20 but they want to charge the full $35.99 for the kindle version of the boxed set. WTH!? If I am forced to buy an actual paper copy I will go see if I can dig it up at a used book store. I'm generally an Amazon fan, but I am completely disgusted with them right now.
    I've seen copes at the used book store near me, so you might be able to find them that way. I can't even imagine preferring Kindle to a real, paper copy of a book, but that's just me.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    Crit, I just know you'll love the books. I'm 3/4 of the way through Book 2 and they just keep getting better!

As for the series, I haven't yet seen episode #3, but the first two were so terrific I can't wait to relax and watch it!

Has anyone heard anything about the ratings? I read on another site that they weren't so good. I truly hope both HBO and George RR Martin finish the entire series for us.
    Actually the ratings are good and HBO has already ordered season 2 and I guess it will be book 2. There is also talk that there will be more episodes going from 10 to at least 13. Also George RR Martin wrote episode 8 of season 1.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Tonight's was awesome, as usual. Things are starting to pick up, and, though I just started reading the books on my Kindle, and am still only halfway through the first one, I still couldn't help but mark out and scream, "HODOR!!!" when the big man came on screen. Same goes for Samwell, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I've seen copes at the used book store near me, so you might be able to find them that way. I can't even imagine preferring Kindle to a real, paper copy of a book, but that's just me.
    I prefer the Kindle actually, because with paperbacks I have a habit of looking ahead and spoiling myself, which, thankfully, doesn't happen with the Kindle. I mean... it CAN. But I have more restraint. Cause it'd be harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I know Kindle users are upset, but I can't feel too sorry for them. Almost ALL Kindle versions are cheaper than the paper versions. Every once in a while, it's nice to be on the winning side of that price war!
    Pretty sure I got the kindle version for 17.99, myself.

There are plenty of Kindle users who are upset that Amazon is charging over $35 for the set, so you got a good price. I'm happy with my under $20 set and will probably never go to an ereader. If I ever get out of the book business completely, maybe an ereader would be cheaper, but for now, it's not.

I JUST started book one today, but I haven't gotten too far yet.

I think I missed something. Where did they find Tyrion's knife that lead them to think he was the one who hurt Bran?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I think I missed something. Where did they find Tyrion's knife that lead them to think he was the one who hurt Bran?
    There was an assassin in the second episode that tried to use the knife to kill Bran. Bran's wolf killed the assassin. Cat took it with her to King's Landing in the third episode where Petyr Baelish told her Tyrion had won it from him betting on a tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    There was an assassin in the second episode that tried to use the knife to kill Bran. Bran's wolf killed the assassin. Cat took it with her to King's Landing in the third episode where Petyr Baelish told her Tyrion had won it from him betting on a tourney.
    Thanks. I must have missed the part where they revealed that the knife belonged to Tyrion. Wonder which of his nasty sibs is setting him up.

Although I really enjoyed the episode, there wasn't nearly enough Drogo. Watching him ride by on his horse is just not good enough! The look on Viserys's face when Daenerys hit him was priceless! He thought he had married his pawn off to Drogo and now he's seeing that his plan isn't going the way he'd hoped. I'm enjoying watching Dany come into her own.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thanks. I must have missed the part where they revealed that the knife belonged to Tyrion. Wonder which of his nasty sibs is setting him up.

Petyr Littlefinger is the person who identifies the knife as belonging to Tyrion. When Cat arrives in Kings Landing, Petyr has her brought to him and when she shows him the knife, he says that it had belonged to him but that he'd lost it to Tyrion in a bet. Sorry, I'm a GoT dork.

All I have to say regarding this last episode is GHOST!!!!! So, so happy he was given his part to play. And love the CGI with his eyes...

Oh yeah - and Viserys would never have let a whore talk to him that long, if at all. But it did help the storyline along so... And I wonder why they had Littlefinger tell Sansa the story between the Mountain and the Hound...

Okay, guess I had more to discuss other than just Jon's wolf.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    And I wonder why they had Littlefinger tell Sansa the story between the Mountain and the Hound...

Okay, guess I had more to discuss other than just Jon's wolf.
    I wondered that too. Especially since the actor who plays the Hound tested with that scene and blew everyone away. I hope they include it as an extra on the DVD.

+ Reply to Thread