+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't HATE book 4, but it was just slower for me. Originally, books 4 and 5 were one book. When the book got too long to fit in a binding, GRRM split the action, but he split it geographically rather than chronologically. That's why there are a number of characters you don't see until book 5.

I'd love to see a breakdown of books 4 and 5 with a timeline so I could read both at once. At a certain point, there's new material in book 5 as the action moves forward. The first time I read book 4, I'll admit I skimmed a bit. When I re-read, it's not the same. There's so much important stuff that happens in book 4 that I'm sure is setting things up for future action.
    I found that if you read a couple chapters of each book alternating, it reads a lot better. I haven't seen a timeline, but I pretty much just alternate 2 chapters from each book until I run out of chapters on book 4. Originally, I didn't care much for book 4, but reading them together does make it better.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Arya is in book 4 Katesmom, I peeked at the table of contents I'm almost to her, I also saw a chapter named Alyne
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Arya is in book 4 Katesmom, I peeked at the table of contents I'm almost to her, I also saw a chapter named Alyne
    That's not Arya. But good to know - I lose track!!

CCL

Arya and Alayne both have chapters in the fourth book.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Duxxy, waywyrd, Jamie5632 and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just read Book 1 for the first time. HBO really stuck to it for the first season, but I hear not so much for the rest. Can't wait to read the rest, but I have to wait until I clean up this house! I did nothing but read this week!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I just read Book 1 for the first time. HBO really stuck to it for the first season, but I hear not so much for the rest. Can't wait to read the rest, but I have to wait until I clean up this house! I did nothing but read this week!
    They are still mostly sticking to the essence of the storyline. IMO, the differences are mostly due to the constraints of a TV series. MOST of the time I find myself thinking "That's different, but I can see why they made that change". Many times it seems to be in order to limit the introduction of more characters.

It's not like they are pulling a True Blood, thank the old gods and the new!

I have to apologize in advance because I don't know how to post links (despite people trying to explain it to me), but I saw that casting for the new season has begun. Specifically, the have cast Oberyn Martell (the Red Viper). His name is Pedro Pascal and he has appeared on The Good Wife and Graceland.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Saw a post on a friends page on Facebook about a give-away of books from Game of Thrones. They are calling it The Song of Ice & Fire Giveaway. I'm not a fan, so I have NO idea what that means!

Start here: https://www.facebook.com/GameOfThronesFans4Ever

then look for the post with this pic and follow the instructions . . . .

game of thrones.jpg
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have to apologize in advance because I don't know how to post links (despite people trying to explain it to me), but I saw that casting for the new season has begun. Specifically, the have cast Oberyn Martell (the Red Viper). His name is Pedro Pascal and he has appeared on The Good Wife and Graceland.
    Just copy and paste the URL

Blog post from GRRM about what the Iron Throne really looks like: http://grrm.livejournal.com/327569.html
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread