+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 870
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

  1. #721
    Defying Gravity Jamie5632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    471

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    I have been so happy with the lack of spoilers online and in real life. People who have read the books seem to 'get it' and are letting us show onlys watch it unfold. They have been telling me for weeks that something big is coming and to 'be ready', but I love what a well kept secret things have been from the beginning. I do have moments of "I should get a friend to crack" but I've decided to just read the books myself instead!

    And I HATE the "I'm done with this!" people. Um, how about yay you have something that you get so invested in??
    Wag more, bark less

  2. #722
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oh, me too. One of the most upsetting deaths in the whole series for me is when Ned kills Lady in place of Nymeria.
    There are two coming up for me that were worse. I'm still praying for a miracle in both cases!

  3. #723
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I have been so happy with the lack of spoilers online and in real life. People who have read the books seem to 'get it' and are letting us show onlys watch it unfold. They have been telling me for weeks that something big is coming and to 'be ready', but I love what a well kept secret things have been from the beginning. I do have moments of "I should get a friend to crack" but I've decided to just read the books myself instead!

    And I HATE the "I'm done with this!" people. Um, how about yay you have something that you get so invested in??
    You've been VERY lucky. I see them all the time. You should avoid the comments section of any article about the show, especially on TVLine and ew.com, but HuffPo is full of spoilers too. I don't know what has gone wrong in someone's life that they feel the need to be a jerk and spoil something for other people, but I wish I could reach through my computer and give them a smack upside the head!

    I have a friend who just started watching Downton Abbey and all I told her is to catch up fast because big stuff happens in season 3 and she will be spoiled without even looking for it. She heard ladies talking about it while she was out shopping and practically RAN in the other direction!

    When people flounce off and say they're not going to watch anymore, I wan to direct them toward any number of procedurals on TV where the bad guys get punished by the end of the hour. If that's what they like (and there's nothing wrong with that), then this is not the show for them. I like the complexity.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #724
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    903

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Bad things happen to good people. It's what I love about this show...nobody is off limits. Wherever there is, GOT is going!

  5. #725
    Defying Gravity Jamie5632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    471

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You've been VERY lucky. I see them all the time. You should avoid the comments section of any article about the show, especially on TVLine and ew.com, but HuffPo is full of spoilers too. I don't know what has gone wrong in someone's life that they feel the need to be a jerk and spoil something for other people, but I wish I could reach through my computer and give them a smack upside the head!
    I have been a complete freak about avoiding comments and anything that looked like it might spill something. It's hard, so here come the books!
    Wag more, bark less

  6. #726
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    muahahaha!! I watch with my husband, I've read the books, he hasn't. As soon as Catelyn revealed Bolton's chain mail I was holding my breath and my heart started to pound ... and I kept sneaking looks at my husband. He had no clue what was about to happen. In the book Grey Wind is very leery and won't cross the threshold, then the Frey's won't allow him to stay with Robb. Loved Arya and Sandor. I remember wading through all of the chapters until - finally - seeing Arya's name again. I can't wait for next week to see how far it gets. I predict it will end with with another wedding feast. Then everyone will be crying because they'll have to wait a YEAR to see what happens next.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

  7. #727
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    muahahaha!! I watch with my husband, I've read the books, he hasn't. As soon as Catelyn revealed Bolton's chain mail I was holding my breath and my heart started to pound ... and I kept sneaking looks at my husband. He had no clue what was about to happen. In the book Grey Wind is very leery and won't cross the threshold, then the Frey's won't allow him to stay with Robb. Loved Arya and Sandor. I remember wading through all of the chapters until - finally - seeing Arya's name again. I can't wait for next week to see how far it gets. I predict it will end with with another wedding feast. Then everyone will be crying because they'll have to wait a YEAR to see what happens next.
    For some reason, I thought the producers have already said that will happen fairly early next season (like in the 1st 4 episodes)? I think there will be the aftermath of the RW next week and another death. The rest I can't say without spoilers, but I don't think we will get another wedding this season.

  8. #728
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how they're going to end the season. Book 3 ends with such a shocker that I can't imagine anything would be better. I think you're right, KM. The other event mentioned is going to happen next season.

    However they end the season, it will be too soon and it will be great!
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #729
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    21,399

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    So sad that this season is almost over!

    I ran across a short article that explains GRRM's inspiration for the Red Wedding - interesting for history buffs:

    The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding - The Week
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  10. #730
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how they're going to end the season. Book 3 ends with such a shocker that I can't imagine anything would be better. I think you're right, KM. The other event mentioned is going to happen next season.

    However they end the season, it will be too soon and it will be great!
    My opinion only, but I think this season is going to end with a "Holy S**t" moment. I think it can't be all doom and gloom at the end after the RW episode. There needs to be some hope, right?

    I mentioned that to one of my friends who hasn't read the books and his immediate comment was "You mean Joffrey dies?" To which I said I don't think that would be a "Holy s**t" moment, I think that would be a "Thank GOD" moment!
    FireWoman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.