+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Thank you!

Am I totally disturbed to say that I can't wait for this Sunday's episode??!!

Considering that we know what's going to happen? Probably. But that means I am too!
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh my GOD I had no idea that was coming. I think I spent the last part of the show with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. So brutal.

I want to watch it again, but then, I don't. Wow.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I had read the books so I knew it was coming, but it was still intense. The acting was riveting.

I knew it was coming too, but it was still tough to watch. One of my friends who watches but has not read the books was just ranting today about how cruel this series is - to have a woman lose her baby right before dying, a husband lose his family before dying and a mother lose her oldest son before dying. I just keep telling her that, good or bad, this is probably the biggest event of all 5 books. Oh, and she is now calling for Tywin's and Joffrey's heads (which I think is funny since neither of them were there - but we all know they were responsible).

The part I was grateful for was the part with Arya and the Hound. In the book, he knocks her out and then they don't go back to her for something like 100 pages - so you have no idea whether he left her for dead or what. I was glad they at least gave us that little piece, and we know he walked out of there with her.

Cue the new round of people being mad and saying they're done with the show, just like after Ned was killed. One of the things that makes this series (book and TV) great is that uncertainty. You NEVER know who could die next and NO ONE is safe.

Robb has never been a favorite character of mine, probably because he's not a POV character in the books. That being said, the Red Wedding is one of the hardest scenes to read in all five books. GRRM has said it's the hardest scene he's ever written and he left it for last when writing the book. It's like Ned all over again. However noble the Starks are, they're pretty clueless about other people and how the world works. They're pretty terrible at playing the Game. Sometimes I worry that Arya will be the only one to get to the end alive.

Michele Fairley was absolutely incredible during all of the wedding scenes. Her expression at the very end was gutting. She believed that now ALL of her children could be dead. Just awful.

I can't remember if the musicians play "The Rains of Castamere" in the book. That's when anyone who didn't know what was about to happen should have gotten a BIG clue that everything was about to go south.

I didn't care about Talisa dying, although I understand why they had to do it. In the books, Robb's wife Jeyne doesn't go to the wedding and she isn't pregnant, so there was none of that "we have to make sure there's not another little Stark running around wanting to be the King in the North" stuff. Her murder was pretty gruesome, but I'm not sad about her being gone.

I freaking love the Blackfish. That look on his face when the gaggle of Frey women were making eyes at him was hilarious.

This is the first time that Rickon became more than just a little moppet. Kudos to that kid. He made me care about Rickon where I really never have before. He broke my heart when he had to say goodbye. I was annoyed that they kept that whole group together so long, but I'm glad they finally got there. The goodbye was a nice payoff. I was worried they were going to have Osha and Rickon go beyond the Wall, which just makes no sense.

I was happy we saw the Hound carrying Arya off too, KM. That wait to see if she was still alive in the books was a nail-biter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Color me shocked/no clue what was coming. When the music started, I literally got the chills and started saying 'oh no, oh no' until it happened. BRILLIANT use of music this episode between that and then the silent fade to black credits with no music after so many weeks of tying in music to the end credits.

I'm still in shock. Can't wait to see what happens next week/really don't want to know what happens next week now!! On the plus side, I'm starting the books the very second the season is over.
    Wag more, bark less

I am shocked. I haven't felt this way since Harper's Island. lol Wow. I haven't read the books, so this was just beyond shocking. Please tell me that the Lanniesters get what's coming to them???? The death of Talisa was horrifying. Her character was bleh, but her death, ewwwwww, gave me the chills.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Without giving any specifics, I will say that IMO, the Red Wedding features the most out of left field and brutal deaths in the series. That's not to say that more characters don't die, but the RW is the worst.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread