+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

After tonight, I'll be switching to L&O:CI for the duration. I get the truncation of the absolutely over-blown prose, but to make it dull?! When Robert was going on about kingly BS, I zoned out, checked my email, and did some on-line purchases. I know, absolutely, I'll be hung by the rafters from fans here & IRL, but aside from seeing Arya with her trainer, I couldn't give two craps. At least I'll save some money on HBO cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    I finally watched episode 2 and I was just devastated that one of the dire wolves was "put down". How awful those freaking Lannisters are! I can't wait for some awful, awful things to happen to them. My guess is I will be waiting a long time or the show would be over pretty quickly.

And I was glad that servant taught Drogo's wife a new position, it was starting to feel like I was watching that old movie Quest for Fire!

I'm pretty excited because I finally figured out that I can sign into by parent's Comcast account online and watch this show there. Now I don't have to wait until I go over to parent's house and watch it On Demand. (We both have Comcast, but they pay for HBO and I don't)
    That was the worst part of the episode for me. I could only watch the whole episode once because of that moment and knowing it was coming.

The actress playing Daenerys reminds me so much of Piper Perabo that it's a big distracting. There was not enough Drogo in this episode. They need to remedy that!

I finally ordered the first 4 books from Amazon. They'll be keeping me busy for a while!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    After tonight, I'll be switching to L&O:CI for the duration. I get the truncation of the absolutely over-blown prose, but to make it dull?! When Robert was going on about kingly BS, I zoned out, checked my email, and did some on-line purchases. I know, absolutely, I'll be hung by the rafters from fans here & IRL, but aside from seeing Arya with her trainer, I couldn't give two craps. At least I'll save some money on HBO cancellation.
    It gets LOADS better after this. All the reviewers who have seen the first 6 episodes rated this one the lowest.

elk

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That was the worst part of the episode for me. I could only watch the whole episode once because of that moment and knowing it was coming.

The actress playing Daenerys reminds me so much of Piper Perabo that it's a big distracting. There was not enough Drogo in this episode. They need to remedy that!

I finally ordered the first 4 books from Amazon. They'll be keeping me busy for a while!
    Crit, I just know you'll love the books. I'm 3/4 of the way through Book 2 and they just keep getting better!

As for the series, I haven't yet seen episode #3, but the first two were so terrific I can't wait to relax and watch it!

Has anyone heard anything about the ratings? I read on another site that they weren't so good. I truly hope both HBO and George RR Martin finish the entire series for us.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

I am highly annoyed with Amazon at the moment. They have that four book boxed set marked down to less than $20 but they want to charge the full $35.99 for the kindle version of the boxed set. WTH!? If I am forced to buy an actual paper copy I will go see if I can dig it up at a used book store. I'm generally an Amazon fan, but I am completely disgusted with them right now.

On a more positive note, I am LOVING this show!! I DVRed the first two episodes and caught up with them on Saturday and then watched last night's show when it aired. I think it had me hooked by the first scene of the first episode. I have recently discovered that I enjoy a number of these premium channel shows (HBO, SHO, etc) that I just never bothered to watch in the past. My only frustration with the level of sex and violence is due to the fact that I have kids in my home and I have to completely ban them from the living room so I can watch this stuff!!

FORT Regular

I love this series so much I keep watching them over again On Demand. I just can't help it. Love HBO!!!

Last night's episode was a little more bland than the others but it is laying the ground work for things to come. Can't wait till Sunday again!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

PhoneGrrrrl, I admit I was a bit bored last night too. DH asked if I wanted to keep it and I said what was the point when Arya's bit at the end was the best part.

That said...I really did like the first two episodes excepting the end of the 2nd epi. My only complaint is that they're not showing the direwolves enough! Last night, I kept asking the TV, where's Ghost?!? (Jon's direwolf) He's never without him on the wall.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I am highly annoyed with Amazon at the moment. They have that four book boxed set marked down to less than $20 but they want to charge the full $35.99 for the kindle version of the boxed set. WTH!? If I am forced to buy an actual paper copy I will go see if I can dig it up at a used book store. I'm generally an Amazon fan, but I am completely disgusted with them right now.
    Sorry, I know Kindle users are upset, but I can't feel too sorry for them. Almost ALL Kindle versions are cheaper than the paper versions. Every once in a while, it's nice to be on the winning side of that price war!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find "The Imp" (don't know his character's name) to be very interesting....in fact, he even showed up in my dream last night, but as somebody else I know. I had watched the 3rd episode just before falling asleep. I am totally enjoying this show! Arya is totally reminding me of myself. I was always a bit of a competitve, roughneck, athletic girl. It's going to be wonderful watching her development.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That was the worst part of the episode for me. I could only watch the whole episode once because of that moment and knowing it was coming.!
    Knowing it was coming, I muted the tv and went into the kitchen. Then didn't they have to replay it before the next episode! One of the worst moments in the book for me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread