+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

"What happens when the nonexistent bumps into the decrepit?" Line of the night. Varys and Lady Olenna are two of my favorite characters from the book. Who cares if that scene never happened on the page? (unless I'm having a brain fart.....) When you have Diana Rigg and the fabulous Conleth Hill, you WRITE a scene for them! CH is one of my favorite actors on the show. Just amazing in the scene with Tyrion where he tells the story of how he was made a eunuch.

They changed Daenerys' double-cross with Drogon from the book, but I'm okay with it. Having it happen at the harbor might have required another location shoot. It had the same power as the book. At least Kraznys learned he'd been had before he got barbecued.

Yep, like I said in spoiler tags about Theon last week - out of the frying pan and into the fire. That poor schmuck can't catch a break.

"I don't distrust you because you're a woman. I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are." That's two men in Cersei's family now who've told her that she's not as smart as they are. Heck, she's not nearly as smart as Margaery...and she's slowly starting to realize it, although
    Click to see Spoiler:
    probably (definitely) not fast enough. I can't WAIT for Cersei to get her comeuppance. I wonder how long Lena Headey will work out in preparation for that scene in book 5. If it was me, I'd start NOW! That's A LOT of people seeing you naked.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I totally LOVED Daenerys' scene at the end. I had a feeling she knew what that weasel was saying to her without the translation. I got goosebumps after she torched his sorry butt and set the Unsullied "free," all of them marching off with the dragons overhead.

I don't feel one bit sorry for Theon.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I totally LOVED Daenerys' scene at the end. I had a feeling she knew what that weasel was saying to her without the translation. I got goosebumps after she torched his sorry butt and set the Unsullied "free," all of them marching off with the dragons overhead.

I don't feel one bit sorry for Theon.
    Yeah, the scenes with Daenerys at the end were so cool - I had goosebumps watching the Unsullied exit the city with the three dragons flying overhead. So awesome!!

We are starting to see a bit of the change between Jamie and Brienne, so I am excited for where that is going. So many great scenes last night - I ALMOST didn't mind that there was no Kit Harrington . . . almost!!

I really need to read the books. All these references I have no clue about!

YES! You need to read the books NOW, way! I love the show, but I love the books more. There's so much more depth. I've heard some people say they don't want to read the books because they want to be surprised when they watch the show. I've read the series twice (on my third time through now) and I'm still excited to see the show. I think many fans of the books would agree.

The scene with Drogon last night was one of the scenes in the book that made the producers want to make the TV series. There are several more of them still to come from book 3 and they're, dare I say, even more jaw-dropping.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

So many good things going on last night - that ending was great! But excuse me while I turn into a 12 year old for a minute . . . Jon Snow butt and Jamie Lannister butt!! Seriously!!

My mouth was hanging open at the end. Oh, the look on Cersei's face!

And oddly, I'm starting to feel for Jaime. I couldn't stand him before, but..
    Last edited by waywyrd; 04-29-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling!

My mouth was hanging open at the end. Oh, the look on Cersei's face!
    I LOVED that scene. I have been waiting all season for this turn of events!

And oddly, I'm starting to feel for Jaime. I couldn't stand him before, but..
    When I was reading the books, the change in my feelings about Jamie was a HUGE surprise!! He was such an a$$ that I didn't think I could ever feel for him!

I am still loving every scene with the Queen of Thorns. That actress was wonderfully cast in the role!!

I hated Jamie early on. In the books at least, once they started him as a POV character, so you knew what he was thinking and what his motivations were, my opinion of him really changed.

I was surprised they had Shireen. I was hoping they would, as well as Selyse, but I wasn't sure since we never saw them last season. And interesting how they played his betrayal and her feelings. That was one of the things I wasn't sure how they would handle. Stannis is a very rigid and principled man. So while it is implied in the books, it is never made clear like it has been in the TV show. I was interested to see how they would reconcile them. Oh, and creepy with the dead babies in the jars - seriously, she is a bit off her rocker!!

I liked the last scene, but it is different from the books - I think because they can't have as many characters in the TV show. If I recall in the books, Cersei was told she was to marry someone who was really old, so the switch to the young, virile (albeit gay) Loras, is interesting.

I loved the scenes with Karstark and Robb. Definitely handling Cat different than he would other traitors has come back to bite him. This is where it is tough to reconcile the books with the show - in the books, he is supposed to be 14-15. It becomes easier to see the stupid decisions he makes because of the position he was put in so young. A bit different when you see it on screen. Although he is still young, obviously, the true stupidity of some of his decisions I think is easier to understand when you know his age.

And Critical, per our discussion, the stage has now been set with Berric coming back to life!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I liked the last scene, but it is different from the books - I think because they can't have as many characters in the TV show. If I recall in the books, Cersei was told she was to marry someone who was really old, so the switch to the young, virile (albeit gay) Loras, is interesting.
    In the book, Cersei is first told she has to marry
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Willas Tyrell, the heir to Highgarden, who is crippled - so not old, but still not desirable. He's the one Lady Olenna wanted to marry Sansa off to before the Lannisters get wind of the plot and marry her off to Tyrion instead.

As I've mentioned upthread, my friends who haven't read the books or who've only read the first book don't believe me when I tell them that Jaime becomes a much more sympathetic character as the books progress. Maybe NOW they're starting to believe me!
    Duxxy likes this.

+ Reply to Thread