+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Hoooooo-BOY! Here we go! You know that "tick-tick-tick" as you go to the top of a roller coaster? Well, we just hit the top. Get ready!

I've been waiting for nearly two seasons for Jaime to lose his hand and it was just as abrupt and shocking tonight as it was in the book. I can't wait to see Jaime's story this season. It's one of my favorite things about the book. I wonder if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    N C-W will shave his head or if they'll just use a bald cap. I can't wait to see his transformation with the gold hand, shaved head and beard! So begins the redemption of Jaime Lannister. I have friends who only watch the show or who haven't read past book 1 who don't believe me when I tell them that Jaime actually becomes a somewhat sympathetic character as the books progress.

Book 3 has two of my favorite pairings of the entire series: Jaime and Brienne and....one member of the other pair is Arya. Another of my favorite pairs is in book 5, so we have a long time to wait! I won't name names, but there's also a pig and a dog

Next week is going to be EPIC. I'm excited even though I know what's coming!

I can't stop singing "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I actually thought maybe it wouldn't happen last night. Then when he was talking and his right hand was so prevalent, I turned to my husband and I said, "Oh my God, they are going to end with it". He didn't know what "it" was and he flipped! Loved seeing it!

I also love Jamie and Brienne and there should be some good dialogue between them in the next few episodes. I also love the second pairing you mention, Critical, but mainly because they are two of my favorite characters. The third one is interesting to me, mostly because I can't wait to see how it plays out. I get where it is going in concept, just not sure how it is going to get there!

I really loved the Blackfish! And Edmure is as useless onscreen as he is in the books!

I like the roller coaster reference. I have a friend who has not read the books and it has been interesting getting her take just from the shows. She still doesn't like Jamie, but she couldn't believe that happened last night. And she called me first thing this morning to yell about Dany trading one of her dragons for the Unsullied!! I just reminded her that I told her this was going to be a bumpy ride!

We really need to see more of Podrick Payne: Sexual Chocolate. That was an excellent scene with Tyrion and Bronn just DYING to know what happened between Pod and the prostitutes. Who knew he had it in him?

Any other book readers think the guy who saved Theon is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ramsay Snow? We've only heard mention of him so far and from what I've read, he will appear this season. If that's who it is, then Theon just went from the frying pan into the fire. I hope they don't show all of the torture scenes. It's pretty grisly what was done to him

Am I the only one who says "Rhymes with 'sneak,'" whenever Theon comes onscreen?

The Blackfish is just as freaking cool as I'd hoped. Him firing the arrow and then tossing the bow to Edmure and striding away was so bada$$. I don't mind too much that they accelerated the stuff with Hoster dying. That wasn't really high drama anyway.

I think from here on out, EVERY episode will have at least one "OH MY GOD!" moment. I can't wait!

Hot Pie baking wolf-shaped bread for Arya
    Last edited by Critical; 04-15-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Am I a bit slow on the uptake or something? Who was it that grabbed Theon in the first place????
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Yes, Critical, that is exactly who I think that is! I wasn't sure at first, but once he killed everyone else and came and got Theon, I just looked at my husband and said "Oh s**t, I know who that is". So yes, I think you are right.

Sunday night's episode brought in record ratings! This show just gets bigger and bigger:
    'Game Of Thrones' Ratings On April 14 Break Records

I've watched the episode a few times and I really love that moment when Arya calls back to Hot Pie after tasting the bread and says "It's really good!" Sweet little farewell. Ah, Hot Pie, we hardly knew ye....

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Am I a bit slow on the uptake or something? Who was it that grabbed Theon in the first place????
    Do you mean last season or last night? Last season, it was supposed to be Roose Bolton's men outside Winterfell (Roose working with Robb Stark - so essentially, the Northmen). Theon and his men had taken over Winterfell and he was trying to get them pumped to go out fighting, but they knocked him out instead. Since he woke up this season imprisoned, I think the belief is that it is Roose's men that have him (and I'm sure someone else will jump in if I'm wrong - I try to keep the show and the books separate, but I think that was what happened last season).

Peter Dinklage did an interview with Playboy recently. I'm not going ot link directly, but this article from ew.com has a link to the full interview:
    Peter Dinklage talks 'Game of Thrones' and being a DwILF in Playboy | PopWatch | EW.com

ETA: The full Playboy interview has some plot spoilers with respect to Tyrion's future on the series, so tread lightly if you don't want to know
    Last edited by Critical; 04-18-2013 at 03:02 PM.

A DwILF? The things people come up with.
    Duxxy and FireWoman like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I just got my husband hooked. I'm reading the third book Storm of Swords right now and I'm barely ahead of the show. I knew what was coming so when whats-his-face led Jaime to the stump I watched my husband for his reaction. Shock. Then he says.. did they really just do that? Yep - and that's his sword hand! Hubby: omg what use is a knight without a sword hand?
    I can't wait to see what's coming next week either Critical! I don't get to see previews, did they show the incident? There's so much to see, Astapor, Arya.. do you think they'll get back to Jaime next week or will we have to wait another week do you think?
    I scoffed and snorted when Edmure missed his target time after time. The Blackfish was awesome! Arya and HotPie so cute.
    Is it just me or does Gendry look a little old?

ETA: I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Theon. When he was bonked over the head I thought he was dead and I cheered - twice!! Once when I read it and once when I saw it, it took the wind right out of my sails to see him tethered to St Andrew's cross. When I see his feret face all that comes to mind is Lily Allen's song "Alfie" Alfie Allen is her little brother and she wrote the song about him and his affair with Mary Jane.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread