+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I still love Tyrion - and loved that they kept that scene with Tywin (which was generally in the book). It definitely sets the stage for what is to come for both of them. And I also loved the increased presence of Margaery and the beginning of the rivalry with Cersei.
    And the scene with Tyrion and Tywin. Wow, that was so intense. What a horrible thing Tywin said to Tyrion; "You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature ... To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about".

I also love the presence of Margaery. Stopping off to see orphans while Joffrey watches from his carriage. Gawd.
    KAREN

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I am so indifferent to Margaery, Maybe because I can't stand the actress playing her. Natalie is so very one dimensional to me. I saw the orphan scene as self-serving and not of pure intent. Mind you all I have not read the books so I don't know much of her real character.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the imp more and more however.. same with the baby dragons.

I wanted more Arya! I miss her most of all I think .
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I got a kick out of this! I thought you might also.

Game-of-Thrones.jpg
    FireWoman likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Renewed! 'Game Of Thrones' Renewed: HBO Orders Season 4

The premiere was the highest rated episode of the series AND it was on Easter Sunday, which is usually a night with lower viewing numbers.

I'm excited we're going to see all the great stuff at the end of book 3 now! Especially the moment on the last page!
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

A woman is happy about this news.

you're killing me Crit! I'm only 56% of the way through the book!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Renewed! 'Game Of Thrones' Renewed: HBO Orders Season 4

The premiere was the highest rated episode of the series AND it was on Easter Sunday, which is usually a night with lower viewing numbers.

I'm excited we're going to see all the great stuff at the end of book 3 now! Especially the moment on the last page!
    I would have been shocked if it hadn't - but this is awesome news! The ratings are growing every season and with the first two seasons out on DVD (and selling very well) the audience continues to grow. The point the EW article made though, was even with doing one season a year, with the rate that GRRM writes these books, they may actually come to the point where the show catches up to his writing. I really hope not!

Oh, and I just had to note - we hosted Easter dinner this year and I actually basically threw everyone out at 7:30 under the pretense of having to get the kids to bed. Of course the real reason was because I wanted time to clean up before GofT started!!

Good second episode to bring us fully up to date. So happy to see Brienne and Jamie fighting! Loved seeing Arya and Bran again. And yea for the Reeds! Finally, I was so happy when I saw Rory's name in the opening credits - I just love The Hound, so I was glad he was back too!!! Only question I have is what they are doing with Theon. He was completely absent from this book, I think. And based on previews, looks like his story is going to be a bit different than the books - so I will be interested to see how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Good second episode to bring us fully up to date. So happy to see Brienne and Jamie fighting! Loved seeing Arya and Bran again. And yea for the Reeds! Finally, I was so happy when I saw Rory's name in the opening credits - I just love The Hound, so I was glad he was back too!!! Only question I have is what they are doing with Theon. He was completely absent from this book, I think. And based on previews, looks like his story is going to be a bit different than the books - so I will be interested to see how that plays out.
    Loved the Brienne & Jamie fighting scene!

So far I really like the kid they picked for Jojen. I had to look him up to realize that he was the young boy from Love Actually.

Interesting turn regarding Theon. I thought he was left out of this book and picked up again later. When he appears later it is after a lot of stuff has happened. Maybe they are going to add that stuff into this show to keep him present in the flow of the series? It seems like it would be more difficult in a TV show to just lose a character for such a long time and expect the viewer to pick right back up with them when that character returns...

I also really liked the part with Sansa and the Queen of Thorns!

I also thought the scene with Joffrey and Margaery was good. She is doing a good job positioning herself with him and I'm left feeling like she has really good advisors (i.e. her grandmother).
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-08-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Queen of Thorns - yep, loved that too!

Putting this in spoilers, just to be safe (with regard to Theon):

Click to see Spoiler:
    I wonder if Theon was a book to screen decision. They showed a little bit of the torture, but I think it would be very difficult to show onscreen the full extent of the torture - plus I would think it would be a make-up nightmare going forward. Sort of like the change they made to the damage to Tyrion's face? I just think the big thing in the books was how broken he was when he did show up again (which I don't think happened until book 5), because GRRM is positioning him, I think, for his own redemption by the end. If he's not as broken onscreen, then I'm interested to see where it goes.

+ Reply to Thread