+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

3 more hours to go.Very very excited.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM View Post
    3 more hours to go.Very very excited.
    OMG! Thanks for the reminder!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Great episode! I was glued to it and then it ended (way too quickly).

Wish it had been a two hour premier.

WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK?

I won't comment in case FORT Fans have not seen it yet.
    KAREN

Really, as soon as it's aired on the East coast, you can talk about it here. It's nice that you want to be considerate, but you don't need to be. Anyone who wants to avoid spoilers about the episode can stay out of the thread until they've seen it

I'm reminded of how we all felt after last season's premiere when we asked "Where is Arya!?" Now I'm left wanting to see Arya AND Jaime and Brienne. Happy to see them in the preview for next week's episode.

I'm always a bit bored by Robb, which is true for the books as well. Same with Stannis, but then he IS boring, isn't he?

I was okay with how they revealed Barristan Selmy's identity early. I figured they would. No way to disguise him the way you can in a book. Now I'm wondering where the heck Strong Belwas is.

I was pleased overall, but it went much too fast, like it always does.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched episode 1 season 1 and then very occasionally a bit here and there my viewing is very hit and miss. I did actually watch the entire premiere for season 3 and it seemed way too short, that it was over before it started. I do hope that Denyrys finds out what that slave master was really saying and does something nasty to him. Thoroughly enjoyable, wish that there had been more to see. Oh, liked the Princess Di scene that Margery performed at the orphanage. Yes, I can see the people loving her. Liked seeing the dragons fishing, the sorceress little girl and her scorpion. The actress playing Denyrys is really growing into the part or perhaps what we are seeing is Denyrys growing into a queen.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-01-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm really glad they're showing more of the Tywin from the books. He's like the ultimate horrible person in the books and he hasn't really been shown that way on the show. Now, more than ever, I can't wait to hear "Where do the whores go?"

I loved the smoking Winterfell in the opening credits and the addition of Astapor.

Poor Sam. He's running is big old tail off trying to get away from the White Walkers and all Mormont wants to know is if he sent the ravens. Kid can't catch a break. I wish we'd seen the battle at the Fist, but I understand why we didn't.

Loved seeing Salladhor Saan again. I have a fondness for that mercenary.

That manticore was pretty freaking scary!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

That captain that was rescued off that island I thought, OK, I am all up for revenge but really have a plan that has a chance in succeeding instead of being thrown into the dungeon.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

agreed Bearcata but Ser Davos is not a plotter - he's a simple man who loves his King beyond reason.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Exactly. Ser Davos is not a schemer. Really, it wouldn't matter. Melisandre would have taken him out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched episode 1 season 1 and then very occasionally a bit here and there my viewing is very hit and miss. I did actually watch the entire premiere for season 3 and it seemed way too short, that it was over before it started. I do hope that Denyrys finds out what that slave master was really saying and does something nasty to him. Thoroughly enjoyable, wish that there had been more to see. Oh, liked the Princess Di scene that Margery performed at the orphanage. Yes, I can see the people loving her. Liked seeing the dragons fishing, the sorceress little girl and her scorpion. The actress playing Denyrys is really growing into the part or perhaps what we are seeing is Denyrys growing into a queen.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was wondering about this. In the books, they make it very clear that she understands everything he is saying but is playing dumb to fool him. They didn't make a comment afterwards when she is Mormont were talking, so I don't know if they are going to pull that through - but I really hope so.

I read a summary in People that basically said the first two episodes were going to ease us back into the stories, and I feel like that's what happened last night. That being said, I thought it was good. When the screen went black I sat up and said "WTF" (woke my husband up) because I thought they cut the episode short. I was shocked when I looked at my clock, but that always seems to be the case with this series. The other nice thing was one of the other HBO channels was running the end of season 2 right before - so I got to watch the last episode of season 2 from 8-9 to catch up and refresh my memory on where everything ended, and then turn it right over at 9 to watch the new episode.

The one part I wasn't overly thrilled about was the scene with Davos, Stannis and Melisandre. It happened a bit differently in the books and I wasn't thrilled with this slight change. We'll see where it goes.

I still love Tyrion - and loved that they kept that scene with Tywin (which was generally in the book). It definitely sets the stage for what is to come for both of them. And I also loved the increased presence of Margaery and the beginning of the rivalry with Cersei.

And yea for Mance Raydar and Tormund Giantsbane (who I loved in the books). The story Jon told Mance was not the same story he used to convince him in the books - but I thought it was just as convincing and worked.

And I think Critical mentioned above about Sam. The weird thing is, in the books, he did get the ravens off! He made such a big point about not failing at the one job he had - so I wonder why the change in the show?!
    Last edited by Critical; 04-02-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

+ Reply to Thread