+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

CCL

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I don't see it. Maybe it's it not available in the Canadian iTunes store. Humbug.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Well, shoot. I guess I didn't realize there would be a difference. Bummer.

I think I have at least 4 different GOT apps on my phone. One of them is from GRRM and has huge character bios and info on the books. You have to pay for each book's info - I think they're maybe $1 or $2 each. Nice to have that info right there while I'm re-reading the books.

Okay, I just checked and i have FIVE GOT apps on my phone
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Another new trailer, or rather, an extended version of the last trailer: Game Of Thrones Season 3: Trailer - Extended Version - YouTube

Now we can see
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brienne in the arena, in addition to the previous shots of what looks like Jaime losing his hand (or just after) and of the Unsullied in formation for Dany and so much more.

Four weeks to go!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

GOT has got the cover of Entertainment Weekly - specifically Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke. They should just pop those two on a wedding cake and be done with it!

'Game of Thrones': This Week's Cover | PopWatch | EW.com
    The article is spoilerish, so beware.

As some of us had hoped,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like the Red Wedding is happening this season! I'm both excited to see it and dreading it. It's probably the most gut-wrenching death in the series for me, even more than Ned's. I think they'll probably have the second major death from the book happen in season 4 (). It just happens too late into the book for them to put it in season 3 unless they really reorganize things and pull events from the next books in. As much as I can't wait to see it happen, I'm happy to wait because it will be SO sweet when it finally happens!

The article mentions that GOT is now the third highest rated show in HBO history. I can't imagien that it won't rise on that list. It seems to be getting more popular with each season. I hope that bodes well for renewal. If the pattern holds, we'll hear about renewal pretty early in the season.

I can't believe we've got 2 1/2 weeks to go!

Has anyone bought the season 2 DVD yet? I'm planning to, but I'm wavering between the DVD and the BluRay/DVD combo. Does anyone have the BluRay combo? Is it worth the extra money?

Two weeks and counting and we have another new trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4XSeW4B5Rg

Entertainment Weekly is going all out and doing 15 features on the show leading up to the premiere - they've done 5 or 6 already. This includes interviews and clips. Apparently, they're just as obsessed with the show as some of us are.

ETA: The video at :43 = DAARIO!

I'm very happy! We get a free HBO preview next week and it looks like the second season is on the HBO to Go on Demand. At least I'm hopeful. Some day I'll get the DVDs, but I can't afford it for awhile, so if I can see them now it will be so cool!
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    GOT has got the cover of Entertainment Weekly - specifically Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke. They should just pop those two on a wedding cake and be done with it!

'Game of Thrones': This Week's Cover | PopWatch | EW.com
    The article is spoilerish, so beware.

As some of us had hoped,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like the Red Wedding is happening this season! I'm both excited to see it and dreading it. It's probably the most gut-wrenching death in the series for me, even more than Ned's. I think they'll probably have the second major death from the book happen in season 4 (). It just happens too late into the book for them to put it in season 3 unless they really reorganize things and pull events from the next books in. As much as I can't wait to see it happen, I'm happy to wait because it will be SO sweet when it finally happens!

The article mentions that GOT is now the third highest rated show in HBO history. I can't imagien that it won't rise on that list. It seems to be getting more popular with each season. I hope that bodes well for renewal. If the pattern holds, we'll hear about renewal pretty early in the season.

I can't believe we've got 2 1/2 weeks to go!

Has anyone bought the season 2 DVD yet? I'm planning to, but I'm wavering between the DVD and the BluRay/DVD combo. Does anyone have the BluRay combo? Is it worth the extra money?
    I just read the EW article last night and came here to post exactly this. I agree, I think the article makes clear that it will happen this season. It also made clear that the cast is very large (27 people, I think it said), but that number would be reduced by the end of this season. Something that may happen at the end of this season (because it happens after the event you spoilered in the book):

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sansa gets married this season. In the book, her wedding happens basically the night before or a few nights before Joff's wedding - and after the RW.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Are we there yet?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just read the EW article last night and came here to post exactly this. I agree, I think the article makes clear that it will happen this season. It also made clear that the cast is very large (27 people, I think it said), but that number would be reduced by the end of this season. Something that may happen at the end of this season (because it happens after the event you spoilered in the book):

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sansa gets married this season. In the book, her wedding happens basically the night before or a few nights before Joff's wedding - and after the RW.
    I don't know that we'll see that happen this season (the spoilered event you mentioned). It happens well into the second half of the book - I think within a few hundred pages of the end. I know that all bets are off as far as the previous one book/one season formula (although they did pull some of the Jaime/Brienne stuff from book 3 into season 2 since he's largely absent from book 2), but I think they may leave that for next season. SO Much happens in the first half of book 3.

Who knows what they'll do after this, since books 4 and 5 cover nearly the same time span? I'm along for the ride no matter what they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know that we'll see that happen this season (the spoilered event you mentioned). It happens well into the second half of the book - I think within a few hundred pages of the end. I know that all bets are off as far as the previous one book/one season formula (although they did pull some of the Jaime/Brienne stuff from book 3 into season 2 since he's largely absent from book 2), but I think they may leave that for next season. SO Much happens in the first half of book 3.

Who knows what they'll do after this, since books 4 and 5 cover nearly the same time span? I'm along for the ride no matter what they do!
    Only reason I said it would is because the article said it would - the event I spoilered is mentioned a few times in the article, and I think the article makes clear they were there the day it was shot. That's why I was speculating that maybe that will be closer to how this season ends - since we know it happens later in the book.

+ Reply to Thread