+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am re-reading the books - on book 4 now after just finishing book 3. Jamie loses his hand definitely before Joff dies. He makes it back to King's Landing literally days after Joff dies. I think it is before the Red Wedding too. There is his POV chapter that ends with him losing his hand and then he disappears for almost 100 pages, I think.

HBO is starting to re-run season 2 in anticipation. After each episode is a little snippet/preview for season 3. What I liked the best about the one this past week was the discussion from everyone about how excited they all are this season - that basically this is the season they have been waiting to make since they started filming.
    Click to see Spoiler:

In my copy, Jaime loses his hand on p. 297. The Red Wedding chapter ends on p. 705 and Joffrey's death is p. 830. Those last two, which I think are the MAJOR events in books 3 (that's saying A LOT, since so much happens), are well past the halfway point, so I keep wondering what they're going to finish the season with.

Considering how epic books 4 and 5 are AND the fact that the action in those books (except for the last, what 150+ pages of book 5) runs concurrently, I wonder if they'll just abandon the time table with season 4 and just start in with books 4 and 5 instead of ending the season where book 3 ends. Seems like a smarter plan to me.

I've watched season 2 several times OnDemand in the last few months. I can't wait until HBO decides to run the episodes. I want to watch it when I want!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:

In my copy, Jaime loses his hand on p. 297. The Red Wedding chapter ends on p. 705 and Joffrey's death is p. 830. Those last two, which I think are the MAJOR events in books 3 (that's saying A LOT, since so much happens), are well past the halfway point, so I keep wondering what they're going to finish the season with.

Considering how epic books 4 and 5 are AND the fact that the action in those books (except for the last, what 150+ pages of book 5) runs concurrently, I wonder if they'll just abandon the time table with season 4 and just start in with books 4 and 5 instead of ending the season where book 3 ends. Seems like a smarter plan to me.

I've watched season 2 several times OnDemand in the last few months. I can't wait until HBO decides to run the episodes. I want to watch it when I want!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I still think this season will end with the RW. Some of the stuff from book 3 started getting pulled into the end of last season (Rob's wedding). I think some of the stuff might end up a bit out of order from the 3rd book, so that they can end the season with the RW. JMO.

I agree with you on books 4 and 5. I just figured they would basically combine them, since they are really running at the same time, just different POV's on certain events and what is happening.

Interview with Wilko Johnson about his life and cancer: Wilko Johnson, 'Game Of Thrones' Actor With Terminal Cancer, Has Never Felt More Alive
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Just under 7 weeks and counting....

Game Of Thrones Season 3: Chaos Preview - YouTube

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Don't know a thing about the book, nor am I interested. However, I love me some Emilia Clarke!

Emilia Clarke for Anastasia Steele

We’ve heard so much lately about the candidates for Christian Grey, but what about for Anastasia Steele? The headlines are all about Ian Somerhalder and Henry Cavill, but what about the blue-eyed beauty who’ll get to submit to Christian Grey in the red room of pain?

Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke is one of the top favorites for the part of Anastasia Steele, and while many of us know her as the feisty, platinum blonde from Game of Thrones, in real life she’s a bubbly, petite brunette who we definitely could imagine in the role of Anastasia Steele.

One source arguing the case for her casting told Gather, “She’s young, talented, petite, big eyes, great body, delicate features etc… all the things Christian loves about Ana.”

Emilia Clarke has admitted that she’s not a huge fan of doing nude work, but she has taken the clothes off when the work requires it. In the Game of Thrones she plays Daenerys Targaryan and has definitely shown a lot of flesh more than once. She’s no stranger to these types of scenes when they require this in the movies, so we don’t see why she would balk at playing Ana.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Fun to see Conleth Hill (Varys) on the season finale of Suits tonight, not only in a suit, but also with (at least a little) hair!

Brand new trailer! Game Of Thrones Season 3: Trailer - YouTube

All I can say is DROGON!!! Just over 5 weeks and counting!

Does anyone else have the GOT weather app on their phone? I just love seeing "As in [my city], so in Winterfell [or whatever other city"

CCL

Is it only for phones? I have an iPad but not an iPhone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just went and looked and it is for iPad too. It's called Game of Thrones: Ice and Fire. It's from HBO.

ETA: I'll admit I did freak out one morning a while back when I woke up and it said "....so in The North" and it was snowing! It hardly ever gets that cold here!
    Last edited by Critical; 02-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread