+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

WooHOOO! Longer episodes for season 3!
    'Game Of Thrones' Episodes Lengthened For Season 3

Yes, it's only a few minutes each week (and a 60+ minute premiere and finale), but a LOT can happen in a few minutes. I wish HBO would do what FX has done for Kurt Sutter and Sons of Anarchy and give GOT some 90 minute episodes. Maybe next season.
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

awesome!
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I don't know how to link, but just read that the actor who plays Ilyn Payne (Wilko Johnson, I think) has terminal pancreatic cancer and has chosen not to receive treatment for it.

CCL

Here's a link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...th-cancer.html

Sad, but chemo can be pretty awful, and if the cancer has already been determined to be terminal....hopefully he has a good life left, however long it may be.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Just read about Wilko earlier today. Very sad. In 2013, 65 still seems young. Another article: 'Game of Thrones', Dr Feelgood star Wilko Johnson has terminal cancer - Game of Thrones News - Celebrity - Digital Spy

Although GOT is mentioned in the headline, most of the article is about his music career. From the article:
    "He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy. He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

3/31/13 - It will be here in a blink.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

KAREN

Just an FYI for fans of Jerome Flynn (Bronn) - he's one of the stars of Ripper Street on BBCA with Matthew McFayden.

Someone was nice to enough to combine the teaser trailer and featurettes into one video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvoWPINPRuU

I find myself wondering where TPTB plan on splitting book 3. I keep imagining the end of the season finale
    Click to see Spoiler:
    where the Red Wedding has just ended and Aria is running toward the castle as Catelyn is being killed and the Hound is holding Arya back. I know they usually like to set up for the next season, but I'd love a dramatic cliffhanger!

Will Jaime lose his hand this season or will they wait until season 4? I always read the books all in a row, so I have trouble remembering where in a certain book some things happen. No doubt Joffrey will live to die in season 4.

So much great stuff (and not so great) happens in book 3. I want it all in one 20 episode season!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Just an FYI for fans of Jerome Flynn (Bronn) - he's one of the stars of Ripper Street on BBCA with Matthew McFayden.

Someone was nice to enough to combine the teaser trailer and featurettes into one video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvoWPINPRuU

I find myself wondering where TPTB plan on splitting book 3. I keep imagining the end of the season finale
    Click to see Spoiler:
    where the Red Wedding has just ended and Aria is running toward the castle as Catelyn is being killed and the Hound is holding Arya back. I know they usually like to set up for the next season, but I'd love a dramatic cliffhanger!

Will Jaime lose his hand this season or will they wait until season 4? I always read the books all in a row, so I have trouble remembering where in a certain book some things happen. No doubt Joffrey will live to die in season 4.

So much great stuff (and not so great) happens in book 3. I want it all in one 20 episode season!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Oh, please no!! I am SO looking forward to seeing Joffrey's death!!

I have the same problem with remembering where things happen in reference to the books. I think it was made worse by the fact that I read them all back-to-back and in e-book format! I really want to find the time to re-read the third book over the next few weeks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Oh, please no!! I am SO looking forward to seeing Joffrey's death!!

I have the same problem with remembering where things happen in reference to the books. I think it was made worse by the fact that I read them all back-to-back and in e-book format! I really want to find the time to re-read the third book over the next few weeks!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am re-reading the books - on book 4 now after just finishing book 3. Jamie loses his hand definitely before Joff dies. He makes it back to King's Landing literally days after Joff dies. I think it is before the Red Wedding too. There is his POV chapter that ends with him losing his hand and then he disappears for almost 100 pages, I think.

HBO is starting to re-run season 2 in anticipation. After each episode is a little snippet/preview for season 3. What I liked the best about the one this past week was the discussion from everyone about how excited they all are this season - that basically this is the season they have been waiting to make since they started filming.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 01-30-2013 at 05:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread