+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Wow, as much as I LOVE Ciaran Hinds, I'm not sure how I feel about him as Mance Rayder. I kind of had Dominic West in my head when I was reading the book. 'Game of Thrones' casts Mance Rayder | Inside TV | EW.com

I'm sure Ciaran will do a great job. He's just not who I pictured.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh my! I was thinking of someone...younger...like mid-40's and a little better looking. I also pictured someone in better shape (I hate that I said that) but it's true - the wildlings live a hard life and I pictured him more fit. Oh well - I'm sure he'll be great. They really haven't mis-stepped with anyone yet as far as casting IMO so I'm sure he'll be fine...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

I dont want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy. - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

I always pictured Robert Carlyle, not sure why. I do like Ciaran Hinds.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love Ciaran Hinds, but yeah, he definitely doesn't match the physical description of Mance.

I really did picture Dominic West: article-1200081-05BFF568000005DC-808_634x522.jpgDominic-West-as-Oliver-Cr-002.jpg
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Wrong Rome actor IMO but the producers have been spot on in their casting so far so I'll trust their judgement.Is it April 2013 yet?

Okay, this is the one I've been waiting for. They've cast Daario Naharis and boy, is he PRETTY! 'Game of Thrones' casts Daenerys' sexy Stormcrow captain -- PHOTO | Inside TV | EW.com
    That article also has a pic of Jacob Anderson, who will play Grey Worm.

They still haven't cast Strong Belwas.....any other major characters we're missing?

CCL

Ugh, Daario annoys me.

Oh, he's a dog, but he's pretty to look at! I wonder if they'll make him as colorful on the show as he is in the books. Maybe blue hair won't be as attractive on the show as it seems on the page.

CCL

They better - the blue hair was the only good part.

This is so silly, but I laughed until I cried: Game of Thrones opening sung by a cat - YouTube
    Someone has A LOT of time on their hands!

+ Reply to Thread