+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think the first actor they had for Dondarrion was more of a placeholder. They probably didn't know for certain how/when/to what extent they would use his character in future seasons (as they've cut some parts) and, as his initial appearance was relatively inconsequential, they probably didn't pay much attention to who was playing the part in the first season.

I always thought Olenna was pronounced Oh-len-na but Diana Rigg pronounced it as O-lea-an-na?
    That's what I figured, but I was surprised nonetheless. I think they've done that with a few other characters as well, I really hope they don't do that with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Barristan Selmy when he presents himself to Dany.
    I really like that actor.

I pronounce Olenna the way you do, CCL. I think we'll have to wait to hear GRRM pronounce it or until something official from the show runners confirms it. Diana Rigg may not know much about the part other than who she is.

HBO is running "Baelor" right now and it's almost to the beheading. I still get squirmy (and yes, a bit teary) after having watched it umpteen times.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watching the Comic-Con panel right now and MAN, people in the audience will not stop talking! It's actually making it hard to hear what people on panel are saying at times. Very distracting and RUDE. Every once in a while, a wave of "shushing" breaks out. Why would you go an event like that and then talk through it!?

GRRM is moderating the panel, which includes one producer (whose name I can't remember), Alfie Allen, Richard Madden, Michelle Fairley, Rose Leslie and Emelia Clarke. Honestly, not as good a panel as least year's CC, even taking Jason Momoa out of the equation. Shooting on season 3 has already started, so I wonder if that kept some people away. GRRM did say that Benioff and Weiss couldn't come because they were busy with filming.

Richard Madden has an adorable Scottish accent. I know it's not feasible for Robb to have that accent, but it would definitely make me like Robb more!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Kit Harrington (Jon) broke his ankle so he couldn't travel.
    I didn't watch the panel. I did read people complaining that GRRM was talking very slowly. I would have been more annoyed at people in the audience talking - that's just rude.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Yeah, GRRM wasn't as animated as I would have liked, but I didn't think some of the panel members - Alfie Allen, in particular - were very animated either. With the exception of Emilia Clarke, it all felt like the "B Team" compared with last year's panel. For me, the only person missing from last year's panel was Sean Bean.

Apparently, much of the talking was the security staff. Not cool. They definitely need to do something about it. It was really distracting and I'm sure even more so in person. I did hear someone asking in a loud whisper who was on last year's panel and then someone answering. I doubt that was security.

Luckily, Kit's broken ankle won't affect production: 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington's Broken Ankle Won't Impact Production - Hollywood Reporter

I'm sorry he broke his ankle. I'm sure it hurts a lot. I'm a terrible person for worrying first about how it would affect the show before thinking about him.

They still haven't announced who will play Mance Rayder and the suspense is killing me!

(I am totally excited for Tobias Menzie joining the cast, he was so, so good on Rome).

OMG! That's where I've seen him.I loved loved loved Rome.I heard somewhere that another Rome alumni was being considered for Mance Rayder...James Purefoy! Don't know how much truth there is in this but it would make me very,very happy They could hire the whole Rome cast! Could you imagine Atia (Polly Walker) going up against Cersei? *sigh*

Game of Thrones won Program of the Year at the Television Critics Association awards this past weekend: Homeland Wins 2012 TCA Award -- Louie, Game of Thrones Also Pick Up Awards - TVLine

Also, in an interview about various shows at the TCA event, HBO heads said there's no end in sight for GOT: tvline.com/2012/08/01/hbo-entourage-movie-true-blood-larry-david-film/
    This is the quote:
    “As we’ve said to [author] George R.R. Martin, as long as he keeps writing, we’ll keep producing — and he seems very excited with that proposition,”

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thanks for the link about Season 3 casting - Brynden, Jojen & Beric are spot on with how I imagined. When I saw Beric, I got goosebumps! I'm a little disappointed about Missandei b/c I pictured her much younger but other than that, I think they did a great job!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

There's an interview with Dominic West being excerpted on several sites and, apparently, he was offered and turned down a role on season 3. Allegedly, he can't remember the name of the character, but there is speculation that it was Mance Rayder, which make me REALLY sad. He would have been PERFECT! Apparently, he didn't know anything about the show and, when his son found out, he told him it's the best show on TV and then DW was really bummed he'd turned it down.

I'm sure they'll get someone great to play Mance, but I sort of always pictures Dominic.

+ Reply to Thread