+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Mother Jones has some great GoT "attack ads". There's one for Daeny, Joffery, and Rob each. They're quite clever. Game of Thrones Attack Ads | Mother Jones

Thanks PhoneGrrrl those were funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The new GOT cookbook is out and April at Regretsy took it and ran with it: A SONG OF STARTERS AND MAINS | Regretsy

Thanks for the link, PG. Those videos are hilarious. I think Dany's is my favorite.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

untitled.jpgNed Stark Head Pops - Deliciously Decapitated:

Game of Thrones Cake Pops
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Attachment 28434Ned Stark Head Pops - Deliciously Decapitated:

Game of Thrones Cake Pops

and people complained about the ex prez's head on a stick.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I doubt he's watching the show. The story lines are a bit complicated.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Production on season three is set to start soon! That means casting announcements for new characters!

Game of Thrones Alert! Production Start Date Set for Season Three - E! Online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Casting:
    Game of Thrones Season 3: New Cast Members - Comic Con - YouTube

Yay at the Reeds - casting is on point. I remember the kid playing Jojen from Love Actually.
    Lot of really good actors actually. Clive Russell should be excellent and Mackenzie Crook (Gareth from the Office!) should be good.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was just coming here to post about ComiCon too, CCL! They also announced the premiere date for season 3: March 31, 2013. Mark your calendars!

Highlights from the CC panel: 'Game Of Thrones' Season 3 Premiere Date, Casting News And More Highlights From Comic-Con Panel

HBO is running a season 1 marathon right now. "A Golden Crown" is on right now and when Ned calls for someone to hunt down The Mountain and bring him to justice, it's Beric Dondarrion that he calls forward and it's a different actor from the one they just announced for season 3. I wonder why they are recasting the role.

The Comic Con panels are up on YouTube. Here's part 1: (1 of 3) Game of Thrones, San Diego Comic Con 2012 - YouTube

ETA: This article has more news about season 3: Game Of Thrones Season 3 Casts A Ton Of Characters Including The Queen Of Thorns

The best news in that article is the casting of Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully. I loved him as Brutus on Rome.

I'm so excited to see Diana Rigg as The Queen of Thorns! Perfect casting. So far really, I'm happy with all the casting choices for season 3. SO excited for the Reeds! I like both actors they chose.

The countdown begins to the premiere in (*SOB*) 8 1/2 months!
    Last edited by Critical; 07-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.

CCL

I think I read somewhere that the first actor they had for Dondarrion was more of a placeholder. They probably didn't know for certain how/when/to what extent they would use his character in future seasons (as they've cut some parts) and, as his initial appearance was relatively inconsequential, they probably didn't pay much attention to who was playing the part in the first season. Now that the role is more important they probably put more thought into who was playing the part.

I believe the Mountain was also re-cast?

I always thought Olenna was pronounced Oh-len-na but Diana Rigg pronounced it as O-lea-an-na?
    Last edited by CCL; 07-14-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread