+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Between Tyrion, Shae and Dany and Drogo I realised I don't speak lovingly enough to my husband. I need a bit of poetry "you are my mortgage payment and my handyman" doesn't have the same ring to it.
    2boysmom and elk like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Between Tyrion, Shae and Dany and Drogo I realised I don't speak lovingly enough to my husband. I need a bit of poetry "you are my mortgage payment and my handyman" doesn't have the same ring to it.

After the baby dragons toasted their mom's captor, my husband said, "Wow. What next? Zombies?"

And, lo and behold! Zombies.
    Duxxy likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

After the baby dragons toasted their mom's captor, my husband said, "Wow. What next? Zombies?"

And, lo and behold! Zombies.
    Mine said "I can't believe you are watching this". I am not one for fantasy at all so the dragons and zombies are kind of testing my limits.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I loved last night's episode. I think this was the first episode this season where Dany's story didn't tick me off. They obviously didn't fully cover what happened in the House of the Undying. But the more I thought about it, they really couldn't without giving a ton of stuff away. In the book, all the stuff she sees doesn't necessarily mean as much to her because she has no idea WHO she is seeing. They couldn't do that on film, because obviously we would know who she was seeing. Although didn't she see Rhaegar in the book? They could have done that - he would have been cool!

I loved the end! I love the three blasts of the horn and the foreboding coming. I loved seeing the White Walkers - nice CGI there. And most of all, I LOVED SEEING COLDHANDS!!!

Robb is an idiot. They were definitely setting up season three with both of them. Robb and Jeyne were book 3 and so were Joffrey and Margaery.

Loved Arya and Jaquen. So cool to actually see the Faceless Man change!

Finally, I agree with who said it above (I think Critical), the only part I was less than thrilled with was Jon's story. I wish they had saved a bit more time to clearly set that one up. It is such an important part of the story. I'm sure we get the same effect in the long run, but I always felt like what happened with Quorin, and the conversations that went before it, went a long way to explaining Jon's change over the course of the books.

I full on cried when I saw Khal Drogo with that adorable baby in that tent. Dany is stronger person than I am, I would have stayed in that false, happy dream. I did miss the visions that were in the books, but I guess they would be too spoilerish if you could see the actors that were pictured in them.

I cried again when Rickon and Bran found the Maester dying. Poor little Rickon wanting to get the medicine to make him better, so sad. I noticed they found a wheelbarrow for Bran. I guess the actor playing him is getting too big for even Hodor to carry around all the time.

I absolutely LOVED the scene with Jamie and Brienne when they found the hanging women. You could see Jamie finally realized what a tough chick Brienne really is. (.... two quick deaths you said.)

This season wasn't perfect, but I will still miss watching it every week. How am I going to wait until next February for new episodes?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

It's episodes like the finale that really hit home why they need more than just 10 episodes!!! I felt like it was jumping around so much and for so short a time that we were left with barely anything of substance.

I was so glad Jaqen revealed his face, though it was so quick that DH was confused and all I could say was "he's a Faceless Man" without giving him any explanation about what that means. This girl is going to miss him next season.

The White Walkers were impressive, though there's no way they would've walked right by Sam but I wonder if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    coldhands will spirit him away and save him? Nice catch, katesmom, b/c I didn't notice him.

When Dany walked through the gates underneath The Wall, I got all excited thinking "here we go!" but, ugh, what a letdown. The only thing from that scene being ruined was seeing Jason Momoa - I'm so glad his appearance didn't leak out! But I'm bummed they didn't show anything of substance from her time in the HotU. What a waste of time that story was!! Actually, what a waste of time her story all season has been!!

I totally LOLd when Theon got smacked on the head. Actually, I was chuckling throughout his less-than-inspiring Braveheart speech when he talked about them all dying. They didn't strike me as the type who'd want to die, completely emphasized by the whack he got when he finally stopped speaking. Thinking about it even now makes me chuckle.

So Margaery has made it to Kings Landing. The grin on Sansa's face was priceless before Baelish wiped it off.

Brienne totally rocks, though the lack of episodes means we'll only see her for probably 5 min. total next season. Ack - that's becoming a major gripe for me - there needs to be more substance in this series!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

And just when I thought I couldn't be a BIGGER Peter Dinklage fan:
    Peter Dinklage '91 Addresses Bennington College's Class of 2012 - YouTube!

Re: the discussion upthread about seeing Coldhands in the finale. Where? Is the assumption that he's the hooded figure on the horse at the very end? I don't think that's him. Coldhands rides an elk, not a horse. Also,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    we don't see him until well into book 3 and I don't think he was aligned with the rest of the wights.

I guess they could change things, but I think that was probably just another wight.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is anyone watching the web parody of GofT on Youtube?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I finally caught up over the weekend. I thought after reading this thread I would be disappointed in the last few episodes, but I wasn't. No adaptation is perfect, but I thought this one was pretty good. It will be interesting to see where the next season leads.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Theon's speech reminded me of the St. Crispin's Day speech in Henry V. "We few, we happy, we band of brothers" -

Henry V (play) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theon's speech moved me in the same kind of way. Then, of course, its effect on the audience (compared to Henry's speech) made me chuckle. A welcome touch of dark comic relief - and well done!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread