+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I have not read the books, but I really like Robb on the show. I do not get to see enough of him! I don't know why, but it did not really anger me that he put his mother under house arrest. I thought he was putting her there to keep her from messing up anything else, and for her protection. Of course, I do not know the back story, or all of the nuances from the book, so what do I know!?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Too late to edit my last, but I wanted to add that I have started Book 1 and had the same kind of crush killer when I learned
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that sexy Jon Snow (who makes my heart go pitter-pat) is also just 14.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Another good one:

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Tyrells are in the house.
    Not going to lie, I missed the chain. I'm mixed about the wildfire...sometimes it looked a bit cheesy.
    I'm glad they kept the Sansa/Sandor scene.
    Can't believe next week is the finale.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Critical like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Anyone else exhausted!? Holy cow. It really does make a difference when GRRM writes the script. That episode was so intense. Of all the episodes he could have written, I'm glad it was this one. It was SO important to the season and to the plot going forward.

I'm disappointed that we didn't see Tyrion's chain, but I understand why they had to leave it out. I think the producers have a phrase they use when they have to pare down the budget. It's something like "Do you want the horses or Stonehenge?" You can only afford one, so you have to choose.

It looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    - and I'm spoilering this because it's not clear in the episode that Tyrion will survive - we won't be seeing a nose-less Tyrion. He'll just have a nice scar. I'm okay with that. The amount of makeup or CGI they'd have to do would take money away from other things, like the dragons and Jaime's hand, or lack thereof.

Joffrey just becomes more and more abhorrent with each episode. It's remarkable, really. I'd been looking forward to seeing The Hound leave Joffrey in the lurch. That was a great "goodbye"! I gave a little cheer.

As much as I'm not on Team Lannister, I do love Tywin... or, rather, I love Charles Dance - Tywin is actually a pretty bad guy. I enjoyed seeing him stride into the throne room after having saved the day.

Although I know they couldn't show the battle as it's written on the page, I thought they did a great job. Even though I knew how it turned out, I was still on the edge of my seat!
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Loving the Hound in this episode! LOL!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Anyone else exhausted!? Holy cow. It really does make a difference when GRRM writes the script. That episode was so intense. Of all the episodes he could have written, I'm glad it was this one. It was SO important to the season and to the plot going forward.

I'm disappointed that we didn't see Tyrion's chain, but I understand why they had to leave it out. I think the producers have a phrase they use when they have to pare down the budget. It's something like "Do you want the horses or Stonehenge?" You can only afford one, so you have to choose.

It looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    - and I'm spoilering this because it's not clear in the episode that Tyrion will survive - we won't be seeing a nose-less Tyrion. He'll just have a nice scar. I'm okay with that. The amount of makeup or CGI they'd have to do would take money away from other things, like the dragons and Jaime's hand, or lack thereof.

Joffrey just becomes more and more abhorrent with each episode. It's remarkable, really. I'd been looking forward to seeing The Hound leave Joffrey in the lurch. That was a great "goodbye"! I gave a little cheer.

As much as I'm not on Team Lannister, I do love Tywin... or, rather, I love Charles Dance - Tywin is actually a pretty bad guy. I enjoyed seeing him stride into the throne room after having saved the day.

Although I know they couldn't show the battle as it's written on the page, I thought they did a great job. Even though I knew how it turned out, I was still on the edge of my seat!
    I couldn't help but think of The Two Towers. Excellent battle scene! Can't wait for next week!

Who was singing the closing credits of this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Who was singing the closing credits of this episode?
    I wondered the same thing. I'm watching the episode again, so I'll look.

I love that we finally got to hear "The Rains of Castamere" sung. I think that sort of thing adds so much richness to the show and, because GRRM is involved, we know that's how it's supposed to be sung. I liked both versions we heard. One of the problems I had with the LOTR movies was the omission of so many songs. There are so many wonderful songs in the books and we heard only a scant few.

Okay, I think I found it: The Rains of Castamere by The National - YouTube
    It says this is for the season 2 soundtrack.

I have to say, as annoying as many of us found Sansa in season 1, I love her this season. She had one of the best lines of the episode: "The worst ones always live." True. I'm glad she's coming to realize that! I can't wait to see Sansa's story develop. I think Sophie Turner is really coming into her own this season.

One of the other lines I loved came, of course, from Tyrion to Varys: "I'm entirely sure you're entirely sure what I'm suggesting."

ETA: Of course, my favorite line of the episode came from the Hound, but I can't repeat it here!

I know, I'm obsessed. Watching the episode for the third time right now.

As much as I don't want Stannis on the Iron Throne, he was a bad ass during that battle. What a sharp contrast to Joffrey's cowardice. The look of delight on Joffrey's face as those men screamed and died while the wildfire burned is just another example of how he's a psychopath.

Click to see Spoiler:
    So how will Davos survive the wildfire? IIRC, in the book, he was done in by the chain breaking his ship apart. I can't imagine that they would kill him, but the situation looked much more dire than I'd imagined it.

I hate how Tyrion's contribution to the battle will be pretty much completely discounted. If not for him, there wouldn't have been a city left for Tywin to save.

+ Reply to Thread