+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I think you will find you want to take the time to read the books. When I was reading Books 2 and 3, I was at DISNEY WORLD of all places and couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed so I could read. I flew through Book 2 and then read Book 3 the entire ride home. Between that and Disney, I thought my brain was going to melt down. But that's how engrossing the books really are.

You can read our spoilers but they don't do the books justice and there's so much meat with what goes on that I think you'll really be glad you read them. Read them, read them!!!
    I just put a hold on a copy at the library. I am number 130 with 99 copies in circulation. That means if people read and return on time I should have a copy in 3 weeks. This will give me time to finish all the other stuff I have on the go.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You can only watch HBOGo if you subscribe. You have to input your cable subscription info to get access.
    Yeah, and HBO is too expensive. I saw the first season because they had a half price special on HBO, but I cancelled it once it went up full price. It cost enough for cable to begin with without adding premium channels to it. I'll get the DVD's when they come out. And anxiously await the next book in the series.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm re-watching the last episode and that moment when the guards bring in Ros instead of Shae. WOW. Tyrion composing his face and processing what has happened and then covering his relief all in an instant. PD's an amazing actor.

The scene right after that, where Tyrion finds Shae in his room is great too,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    although I feel a little less kindly toward her considering how she betrays him later. Those are scenes I cannot wait to see!

I think the reason I care less about Robb is that he's not a POV character in the books. You never know his inner thoughts, so he's always been sort of a remote character for me. I never find myself anxious to find out what's going on with Robb. When his scenes come on, I think, "Oh yeah, I forgot about Robb again."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think the reason I care less about Robb is that he's not a POV character in the books. You never know his inner thoughts, so he's always been sort of a remote character for me. I never find myself anxious to find out what's going on with Robb. When his scenes come on, I think, "Oh yeah, I forgot about Robb again."
    That's a very good point, and likely explains why I don't have a real connection with that character either!

I do have a crush on John Snow, though. I also love Tyrion- I hope he ends up happy.

Those who have read the books- how old is Arya in terms of the last book. (if she is still living)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I do have a crush on John Snow, though. I also love Tyrion- I hope he ends up happy.

Those who have read the books- how old is Arya in terms of the last book. (if she is still living)
    I'm going to put my take in spoilers, just to be safe:

Click to see Spoiler:
    GRRM is not real good at telling us how much time has past from one book to the other. I think she starts in book 1 around 10. She has not gotten her period by the last book, so I don't picture her more than 11-12 by the time book 5 rolls around. But others may have a different take. Yes, she is still alive and I have a feeling that she plays a very important part to how all these books are going to wrap up.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The reason I care less about Robb is that he just arrested his mother.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The reason I care less about Robb is that he just arrested his mother.
    Well yes, I definitely understand that. But realistically what else was he supposed to do? She disobeyed the king's orders and let a prisoner go free. If he didn't do anything he would have lost the respect and support of his men.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm going to put my take in spoilers, just to be safe:

Click to see Spoiler:
    GRRM is not real good at telling us how much time has past from one book to the other. I think she starts in book 1 around 10. She has not gotten her period by the last book, so I don't picture her more than 11-12 by the time book 5 rolls around. But others may have a different take. Yes, she is still alive and I have a feeling that she plays a very important part to how all these books are going to wrap up.
    Ah, thanks I was planning on her marrying the blacksmith.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I doubt that those men, who worship him, would stop respecting him for not arresting his mother. Especially in that they all know what the widow of Ned Stark has been through. They also hold her in high esteem.

It occurs to me that perhaps he did it to insure her safety? I don't know that it's common knowledge that she was the "liberator," though.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread