+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I haven't read the books but I am clicking your spoilers and am intrigued.
    READ THEM NOW!
    They are soooooo worth the time it takes. After the first season I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next and ended up reading the entire series back-to-back. Like Critical, I find myself thinking stuff is supposed to happen this season that will not happen until next season. Particularly...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The Red Wedding and Joffrey finally getting what he deserves! I am starting to wonder if they will work the Red Wedding into the end of this season. It would be a very interesting place to leave off the season. It could also start a trend of ending each season with a dramatic death. However, it could be hard for them to get Rob's contingent and Arya over to The Twins that quickly. And isn't that when Arya meets up with Sandor? It seems like he is still in King's Landing. I hope they don't leave out the Arya/Sandor story line, because I like that one almost as much as Brienne/Jamie!

Also, regarding one of Critical's spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the story to give Tyrion a big scar rather than loss of nose like you suggested. It would be easier, cheaper, and keep him looking far nicer than he was described in the books. However, I do hope they keep Jamie's loss of hand. I completely agree that this event is far too important to his development as a character for them to just leave out.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    READ THEM NOW!
    They are soooooo worth the time it takes. After the first season I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next and ended up reading the entire series back-to-back. Like Critical, I find myself thinking stuff is supposed to happen this season that will not happen until next season. Particularly...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The Red Wedding and Joffrey finally getting what he deserves! I am starting to wonder if they will work the Red Wedding into the end of this season. It would be a very interesting place to leave off the season. It could also start a trend of ending each season with a dramatic death. However, it could be hard for them to get Rob's contingent and Arya over to The Twins that quickly. And isn't that when Arya meets up with Sandor? It seems like he is still in King's Landing. I hope they don't leave out the Arya/Sandor story line, because I like that one almost as much as Brienne/Jamie!

Also, regarding one of Critical's spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the story to give Tyrion a big scar rather than loss of nose like you suggested. It would be easier, cheaper, and keep him looking far nicer than he was described in the books. However, I do hope they keep Jamie's loss of hand. I completely agree that this event is far too important to his development as a character for them to just leave out.
    With regard to your first spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    No, Arya meets The Hound on the road - at that inn. He flees Kings Landing during the Blackwater fight - if I remember correctly because of all the fire which brings back all the memories of his brother and he can't handle it. He is the one taking her to The Twins to reunite her with her mother. And they get there right as the Red Wedding is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    With regard to your first spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    No, Arya meets The Hound on the road - at that inn. He flees Kings Landing during the Blackwater fight - if I remember correctly because of all the fire which brings back all the memories of his brother and he can't handle it. He is the one taking her to The Twins to reunite her with her mother. And they get there right as the Red Wedding is happening.
    Yep, there's a lot that has to happen first!

As to your other spoiler, ClosetRTWatcher, I think we won't see
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the Red Wedding until the end of season 3 at least because we have to get Margaery to King's Landing. Like with Arya's story, a whole lot has to happen before the Red Wedding and Joffrey's comeuppance. Remember that Tyrion and Sansa are already married at Joffrey's wedding feast!

tbamom - READ THE BOOKS! If you're going to check out the spoilers, read the books too! They're even better than the show! I've got mountains of books around this house waiting to be read and it's all I can do not to read the GRRM books again. I know it's about a one or two month time commitment, so that's tough. Not like reading the Charlaine Harris books before True Blood starts back up. Those books take an afternoon to read! Even though they take a long time to read, the GRRM books are SO worth it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I loved Arya's leading the way, alone, walking bravely through the gates. And Tyrion's scene with Shae, soliciting the promise from her that they belong to each other.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I can't watch the series since I don't have HBO, and I have to say that I'm very jealous of you all! Actually, I'm enjoying reading all the comments, and it is making me want to go back and read the books again. I'm definitely looking forward to the DVDs coming out for season 2 (already have season 1).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I think I will try getting one from the library and see how I do with it. I am a fluff reader and don't usually enjoy books that require commitment as I pick up and read a bit throughout my day. I just found out that Talisa is Charlie Chaplin's grand daughter. I find her beautiful.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I can't watch the series since I don't have HBO, and I have to say that I'm very jealous of you all! Actually, I'm enjoying reading all the comments, and it is making me want to go back and read the books again. I'm definitely looking forward to the DVDs coming out for season 2 (already have season 1).
    I thought there are full episodes on HBO's website?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    I thought there are full episodes on HBO's website?
    You can only watch HBOGo if you subscribe. You have to input your cable subscription info to get access.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You can only watch HBOGo if you subscribe. You have to input your cable subscription info to get access.
    Ahh... I see!

Well, I watch the episodes over and over again on Charter's On Demand anyway.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I think I will try getting one from the library and see how I do with it. I am a fluff reader and don't usually enjoy books that require commitment as I pick up and read a bit throughout my day. I just found out that Talisa is Charlie Chaplin's grand daughter. I find her beautiful.
    I think you will find you want to take the time to read the books. When I was reading Books 2 and 3, I was at DISNEY WORLD of all places and couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed so I could read. I flew through Book 2 and then read Book 3 the entire ride home. Between that and Disney, I thought my brain was going to melt down. But that's how engrossing the books really are.

You can read our spoilers but they don't do the books justice and there's so much meat with what goes on that I think you'll really be glad you read them. Read them, read them!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread