+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

YAY! welcome to the dark (but more enlightened) side Poppy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    My 4-book set is on its way from Amazon. By the time Season 3 comes around I will probably have finished them. I am thinking that they'll help with my GoT withdrawal pangs when this season if over.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yes. It's all about honor and family and proving himself.

I read a preview of tonight's episode that described Theon's attempt to hold Winterfell as "blisteringly stupid." That about covers it.

Based on a description I saw of tonight's episode, it looks like some of the plot from book 3 is starting this season, at least with Catelyn, Brienne and Jaime.

ETA: WooHOO! I was right! Jaime and Brienne together at last!
    I believe the relationship between Robb and Talisa (Jeyne) as well as Jon and Ygritte is also from book 3. I just remember Critical's description of the first part of book 3 as "everybody gets a girlfriend"!!

Good interview with Benioff and Weiss about "Blackwater" and the budgetary limitations they dealt with in trying to shoot a big battle scene on a TV budget:
    'Game of Thrones': Behind next week's Battle of the Blackwater | Inside TV | EW.com

Unfortunately, I think one of the things that probably got cut in the Battle of Blackwater scenes will be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tyrion's chain, which is one of my favorite parts of the book. The chain, along with the wildfire, helps them win the battle. Tyrion is the smartest person in the books and I don't like that they're taking some of that away.

I'm SO glad I've already read the books or I would have been spoiled on plot points for the next several seasons by various jerks online. One posted a "review" of this past episode and spoiled Jaime's storyline for book 3 (so, seasons 3 and 4). Apparently, he thought writing "spoiler alert" right above the spoiler, which was in all caps, was sufficient. A commenter in another review spoiled the storyline with Jon and the wildlings, and yet another spoiled Robb's storyline. What the hell is wrong with people? It's like the jerks, years ago, who left the theater and yelled out the ending of Return of the Jedi to the crowds outside the theater while they waited in line for the movie.
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I hope you're wrong, Critical, and they keep that part. It's one of my favorites, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

[spoiler]Unfortunately, I think one of the things that probably got cut in the Battle of Blackwater scenes will be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tyrion's chain, which is one of my favorite parts of the book. The chain, along with the wildfire, helps them win the battle. Tyrion is the smartest person in the books and I don't like that they're taking some of that away.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I agree! They haven't even mentioned it yet. It was the turning point for the whole battle, they could have CGI'd it I guess. I'm not looking forward to Tyrion getting hurt
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I agree! They haven't even mentioned it yet. It was the turning point for the whole battle, they could have CGI'd it I guess. I'm not looking forward to Tyrion getting hurt
    I'm starting to wonder if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his injuries will be as extensive as they were in the book. I mean, how are they going to remove his nose? I know that they did that with Ralph Fiennes in HP, but they had a bigger budget! Maybe they'll just give Tyrion a nice, gruesome scar instead. There was so much lead-in to the chain being used that I think they would have mentioned something about it by now. Since it looks like the battle scenes will be largely at night, I think the chain is a no-go. I hope I'm wrong. It was so brilliant.

The spoiler I read where the person spilled about Jaime's story made me wonder
    Click to see Spoiler:
    will be actually lose his hand on the show? I don't see how they can't have that happen. It's SO integral to his story. I guess they can CGI his hand out until he gets a golden metal hand. I have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing him bald with the beard. I think Nikolaj is so sexy. He's really become Jaime for me. His story with Brienne is one of my favorites in the books and it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to next season!

I really should sit back and enjoy the rest of the season, especially since there are only two episodes left (). Still, I can't stop thinking about everything that's coming!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

OMG, it's taken me nearly two seasons, but I just realized that Rory McCann (aka Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound) was on one of my favorite British series, The Book Group. Holy crap! I'll give myself a break since he's covered with scars and long hair, but wow, I can't believe it took me this long!

Speaking of Cleganes, did anything else think Gregor sounded a bit like Andre the Giant last week in that scene with Tywin?

OMG, it's taken me nearly two seasons, but I just realized that Rory McCann (aka Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound) was on one of my favorite British series, The Book Group. Holy crap! I'll give myself a break since he's covered with scars and long hair, but wow, I can't believe it took me this long!
    I know! He was so handsome in The Book Group. Remember how all they ladies would take turns throwing themselves at him?

I'm all for more "Talesia" if it means more naked Robb. He is quite the handsome young man.

It's so good to have more Jamie in the show again. I've missed all his sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    I know! He was so handsome in The Book Group. Remember how all they ladies would take turns throwing themselves at him?
    He was so sweet and sensitive too. Remember how jealous and bent out of shape Clare was when he showed up with the hot blonde who was also in a chair? God, I loved that show! I just discovered that Hulu has all of the episodes and they aren't on Hulu Plus, so I can watch them!

It's so good to have more Jamie in the show again. I've missed all his sarcasm.
    I really missed Jaime through most of the season. I'd forgotten how little we saw of him in book 2. I'm glad they seem to be starting his storyline from book 3 this season. His humor and sarcasm are two of the things that make me love him more than Cersei....that and the fact that he loves Tyrion, while Cersei hates him. Anyone who hates Tyrion loses points in my book!

I could have watched an entire episode of Tyrion and Varys revealing little truths to each other. Both of them are SO underestimated.

I haven't read the books but I am clicking your spoilers and am intrigued.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread