+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I am all caught up now and waiting for tonight's episode. My favourite character is probably Tyrion. I haven't read the books so I don't know if he is playing true to the book but he is very endearing. I also love Arya and hope she doesn't end up having to marry the Frey boy.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I am really looking forward to 9 p.m. for tonight's episode. Does anyone else think that the hanged and burned bodies might belong to the orphan boys at the farm, and not to the Stark kids?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I am really looking forward to 9 p.m. for tonight's episode. Does anyone else think that the hanged and burned bodies might belong to the orphan boys at the farm, and not to the Stark kids?
    That is what I am thinking- which in itself is a tragedy but I think maybe Cat has to think her boys are gone for a bit.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I'm sorry but Theon is acting like an idiot. All this to please his daddy? It's like he can't be his own man. Needs to grow up.
    Yes. It's all about honor and family and proving himself.

I read a preview of tonight's episode that described Theon's attempt to hold Winterfell as "blisteringly stupid." That about covers it.

Based on a description I saw of tonight's episode, it looks like some of the plot from book 3 is starting this season, at least with Catelyn, Brienne and Jaime.

ETA: WooHOO! I was right! Jaime and Brienne together at last!
    Last edited by Critical; 05-20-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I don't really care for the Robb/whatever her name is storyline
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I guess they're trying to ramp up the storyline vis a vis the Red Wedding. Particularly as Jeyne is not that big a presence in the book
    . I find their scenes drag.

The Jaqen-Arya scene where she named him was great. "A man can go kill himself".
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Things are now set up for the episode Martin wrote - I'm really hoping I get my wish
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and Dany heads into the House of the Undying
    next week.

How can there only be 2 episodes left - they go by so darn quickly and I don't feel like I've gotten to see Arya anywhere near as much as I'd like to (a complaint I have with the books too ).

One thing I'm wondering -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Didn't Jaquen give Arya the coin before she fled Harrenhal? I thought she released him and he gave it to her before they left... but maybe I remembered that wrong? Not that it's a big deal when it happens but I'm hoping she still gets it as the coin plays a big part in the future...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Yes to the second spoiler.

I have a feeling Dany is not going to enter the House of the Undying until the last episode of the season.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

cantstop, about the second spoiler,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't think we've seen the last of Jaqen. They barely left Harrenhal - they just stepped through the gates. He HAS to give her the coin and change his face. Since the final episode this season is titled "Valar Morghulis," I think we'll definitely see him again.

They're obviously moving toward Dany entering the House of the Undying. Based on that preview, I won't be surprised if we don't see much of her in the next episode, if we see her at all. There's a lot going on in King's Landing! I found that I really enjoyed this episode and didn't miss Dany at all. She's much less irritating on paper........ and I like Emilia Clarke.

That scene with Varys and Tyrion was one of my favorites of the season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    cantstop, about the second spoiler,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't think we've seen the last of Jaqen. They barely left Harrenhal - they just stepped through the gates. He HAS to give her the coin and change his face. Since the final episode this season is titled "Valar Morghulis," I think we'll definitely see him again.

They're obviously moving toward Dany entering the House of the Undying. Based on that preview, I won't be surprised if we don't see much of her in the next episode, if we see her at all. There's a lot going on in King's Landing! I found that I really enjoyed this episode and didn't miss Dany at all. She's much less irritating on paper........ and I like Emilia Clarke.

That scene with Varys and Tyrion was one of my favorites of the season.
    I didn't realize
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that was the title of the final episode - I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll get lots of Arya/Jaquen time then!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

or maybe they thought that we aren't smart enough to differentiate that crow from 'the crows' (black watch) HBO isn't as guilty as other networks, assuming we are stupid and everything has to be spelled out for us, but that could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    True. But they could still call a trained raven a "crow." Katesmom's question is why did they call the 3-eyed bird a raven instead of Martin's crow? I would suspect that "crow" doesn't evoke the portentiious feeling that "raven" does.

Thank you, Master Poe.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread