+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Four times? You fangirl, you!

I really need to pick up these books...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Four times? You fangirl, you!

I really need to pick up these books...
    Guilty!

You TOTALLY need to read the books, but beware - they're addictive! Once you read book 1, you're pretty much going to read the whole series!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

On a humorous note:

The phrase "You know nothing, Jon Snow" has its own Facebook page.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. | Facebook
    cstewart31 and FireWoman like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And they definitely weren't as cheesy as the wolves in the last Twilight movie!

It comes from reading the books twice in less than six months! Plus, I watched the episode four times in a row last night
    Ive watched two times.. and I am sure I will again before this weeks, but i just want to see more Kit.. yummy. Not enough of him this week.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Daenarys's face looked off to me. I spent the whole time she was onscreen wondering why.
    They seemed to be setting it up for her to have something with that one bloodrider, which I don't remember from the books.

More Arya next time please!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Daenarys's face looked off to me. I spent the whole time she was onscreen wondering why.
    They seemed to be setting it up for her to have something with that one bloodrider, which I don't remember from the books.

More Arya next time please!
    I thought that Daenarys looked exhausted, and possibly weak/ill - as she probably would be wandering in the desert on foot with little food and water.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I need more Arya and more Dragons! I can't stand Rob's mother in the books so I'm hoping we don't spend a ton of time on her in the next few episodes (but I imagine we will since she is headed to parley with ol' Renly). Outside of these minor squabbles, I am pleased as a peacock right now ! In fact, when the show started and it did a quick previously section I thought "wow, look at all these incredible scenes and storylines--this show is freaking quality--probably the best on tv right now." So, more love !
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I need a little help! Why were they rounding up and killing all of those children?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL

Because they were bastard children of King Robert (the former king). His son Joffrey, who now sits on the throne, didn't want any proof that he may not be his father's child (all the bastards have his father's colouring (ie dark hair) whereas he is fair like his mother and her brother aka his true father). I doubt that any of the bastards would have ever tried to claim the throne (Gendry seems to be the only one old enough to be of immediate concern, but they haven't found him yet), but that might have been a concern of his as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Thanks!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread