+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I really wish I could afford to stil have HBO. I guess I'll have to wait til the DVD for season 2 comes out.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Most cable providers have it for $10/month right now. That's the only way I could afford to subscribe again. I'm calling on Sunday morning to subscribe again!

I didn't know you could watch HBO Go on Roku! I just got mine this week and already loved it, but that makes it even better!

Another great review: 'Game of Thrones' Season 2: TV Review - The Hollywood Reporter
    It also has a few little spoilers.

One thing about the preview videos. I can't remember which one it is, but I'm pretty sure one shows
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Melisandre kissing someone and I think it's Stannis. WTH? Although they have a very close relationship in the books, I don't think it is ever physical. Did I miss that or is this a bit of artistic license.....or did I see it wrong in the video?
    I've watched so many preview videos that I can't remember which one I saw that in. I'll have to go back and watch to see if I saw what I think I saw.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    One thing about the preview videos. I can't remember which one it is, but I'm pretty sure one shows
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Melisandre kissing someone and I think it's Stannis. WTH? Although they have a very close relationship in the books, I don't think it is ever physical. Did I miss that or is this a bit of artistic license.....or did I see it wrong in the video?
    I didn't catch this in any of the previews I have watched, but I am nearly certain that you are correct that this did not happen in the books. If it is in the show, it must be artistic license. Another thought on it...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe they think it will be easier to convey the hold Melisandre has on Stannis if there is a sexual component to the relationship? It wouldn't surprise me much given the fact that whenever they want to convey information through a long dialogue, they tend to make that dialogue happen between two naked people!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I really wish I could afford to stil have HBO. I guess I'll have to wait til the DVD for season 2 comes out.
    FIOS has the premium channels on half price now for 6 months.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Anyone else doing a season 1 marathon? I'm a bit late, but I just put in disc 1 now. Only 16 hours until the premiere!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm really looking forward to tonight's premiere and I've re-watched Season 1 now almost 3 times. Twice on HBOGo and over the past few nights on HBO.

Interestingly, my husband is now hooked on it, too. He had no interest in it at all prior to HBO's re-airing of Season 1. It took him 5 episodes - but he's really looking forward to tonight, as well.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Tonight's the night!! First I get to find out why the Evil Queen hates Snow White and then the Game of Thrones premiere immediately follows!!! It's going to be a good night on TV!!!

I'm looking forward to all of the new characters. If only this would light a fire under GRRM to finish up the series!!

Sidenote - Critical posted an interview with GRRM in the GoT book thread and GRRM said that he told the exec producers some of the main plot points, so I wonder if the series doesn't follow the books in terms of years on TV, if they'll try to bring those storylines together? I hope so!

[Crit, I apologize if I shouldn't cross threads like this.]
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I had to share this article about the filming locations for GoT. There's such a "real" quality to the sets, I find them breathtaking. And in Season 2 we'll be seeing new ones!

Where HBO's hit 'Game of Thrones' was filmed - USATODAY.com

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Tonight's the night!! First I get to find out why the Evil Queen hates Snow White and then the Game of Thrones premiere immediately follows!!! It's going to be a good night on TV!!!

I'm looking forward to all of the new characters. If only this would light a fire under GRRM to finish up the series!!

Sidenote - Critical posted an interview with GRRM in the GoT book thread and GRRM said that he told the exec producers some of the main plot points, so I wonder if the series doesn't follow the books in terms of years on TV, if they'll try to bring those storylines together? I hope so!

[Crit, I apologize if I shouldn't cross threads like this.]
    No need to apologize! Most of the interview was about the books, which is why I posted about it there instead of here

I got the feeling that he told the producers how it ended in case he got hit by a bus!

Poppy Fields - Thanks for the link! There was a documentary (a short one) on, I think, HBO.com showing some of the new locations and ITA, they're spectacular!

For me The only bummer about the premiere is that we'll have to wait a whole week for another episode! I feel like we've been waiting forever. I want it all NOW!

I've been watching season one again since I just got the DVD and I have to say, I'm kind of annoyed with how they put it together. Instead of putting the extras on one DVD, they're on ALL of them. Each disc has a few extras. I wanted to watch the entire season and then watch the extras. If I want to do that, I'll have to trade the discs out after every few extras. Kind of lame. Also, there is what is basically a commercial for HBO at the beginning of the first disc that you cannot fast forward through or skip. I bought the DVD. I think I should be able to NOT watch the commercials. Save that for the rental version.

Less than 8 hours to go!

OMG, I can't believe how fast that episode went! I looked up and it was over! Watching it again...

+ Reply to Thread