+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I am so looking forward to Season 2! I have now watched Seaon 1 on HBO Go three times. Can't wait for the seaon premiere. I haven't been this obsessed with a TV series in a long, long time.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" - YouTube
    Yet another trailer! It seems like they're releasing about one per week. Only one more month to go!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" - YouTube
    Yet another trailer! It seems like they're releasing about one per week. Only one more month to go!
    Yeah, they've been showing a new preview on HBO each week on Thursdays and Sundays after they air the Season 1 episode. The one you linked last week was the one shown after last week's shows. If they stay consistent, this one should be the one shown after this week's shows. So maybe if they stay that way we will get a few more (since this week will be episode 7) before April!

OMG, did anyone see the GOT Simpsons opening? LOVE!
    Watch the Simpsons' amazing Game of Thrones intro

Has anyone got the season 1 DVDs on the way to them? I should be able to order them soon. I have a gift card on its way to me right now!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oooh, I like this one! One of the HBOs ran the entire first season back to back this weekend (started at 8pm and ran until 6am). I made it through 4 episodes before I fell asleep - and had some very bizarre dreams!! I'm sure for those who haven't seen it, there will be many other chances the closer we get to April 1st!

HBO has released episode descriptions for the first five episodes. Major spoilers, so if you haven't read the books or don't want to know, beware! ‘Game Of Thrones’ Episode Descriptions Released

Based on the description, it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Renly is killed in episode 4.

It also looks like, based on one of the trailers that's been released, that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Renley and Margaery have a closer relationship than she claimed in the books.

HBO is really amping things up! Here's the new 22 minute promo special (okay, 20 minutes, plus credits). It's kind of a recap of season 1 and a preview of season 2: Game of Thrones: You Win or You Die - YouTube

My DVD of season 1 is on the way. I plan on having a marathon before the show starts NEXT WEEKEND!

First great review (or the first one I've read) for season 2! Maureen Ryan: 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Review: A Bigger, Better, Bolder Journey Through Westeros
    The article is slightly spoilerish, but doesn't give away anything big - it just sort of explains who some of the new characters are.

I got my season 1 DVD on Monday. I'm planning on a marathon over the weekend leading up to the premiere. I wondered if I had time to re-read book 2, but I'd only end up reading the whole series again and that takes at least a month, but more like 6 weeks+ and I already did that twice last year! I can't read one without reading all of them!

I am so excited for Sunday! I watched the preview special and I have been re-watching season 1 this week via HBO GO. I am SOOOO happy I discovered I can use HBO GO on my Roku!!!! I only have 2 more episodes of season 1 to watch and then I will be all set!

I read all of the books last year after I watched season 1. Now that I'm re-watching I feel like I didn't do a very good job paying attention the first time!
    For some reason, it is far easier for me to keep track of all the characters after I have seen their name in writing. For example, the first time someone mentioned Mance Rayder during my second viewing I knew exactly who he was talking about. The first time it sounded more like he said "Mansuader" like it was a single name, so the reference didn't stick with me at all. When I read the books I likely didn't even realize Mance Rayder was mentioned during the first season!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread