+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    We've already seen Theon though so unless the actor gets plastic surgery he's going to look the same.
    I apologize - as mentioned in my post, I am just now discovering Season 1, and he hasn't appeared in the episodes I had seen yet. So when I saw the pictures, I was excited to see what he looked like - but somehow thought he would be cuter. And I realized I mis-typed in my original email - should have been "I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Season 2."

If you started at episode 1, you've already seen him
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I apologize - as mentioned in my post, I am just now discovering Season 1, and he hasn't appeared in the episodes I had seen yet. So when I saw the pictures, I was excited to see what he looked like - but somehow thought he would be cuter. And I realized I mis-typed in my original email - should have been "I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Season 2."
    No need to apologize. . I read the series after seeing season one so my mind was already picturing the actors as the characters when reading.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If you started at episode 1, you've already seen him
    Yeah, that's my big irritation (at least until March)! We just got HBO so the first time I found it was last week and they were on Episode 3 (Lord Snow). So that is the first and only episode I have seen so far. Hopefully they will continue the trend in order and Episode 4 will be on tomorrow. Then I just have to find the first 2 online somewhere, or wait until the full season set comes out on DVD next month.

Just log in to HBO Go or check them out OnDemand. They have all the episodes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Thanks, Critical! Saw Episode 4 last week and Theon was in it. I assume most people who read this thread already watch the show, but just in case for others like me who discovered the books after season 1 aired, but come in here to see what the show is about - I highly recommend it. Watching it this past Thursday I was so engrossed that I couldn't figure out what was happening when the screen went black - and then the credits started to roll. I was completely shocked when I looked at the clock to realize it has been an hour! The show is really well done and is very engrossing!

New season 2 behind the scenes video: Game Of Thrones Season 2: Invitation To The Set - YouTube!
    Only six weeks to go!

I have not yet seen Game of Thrones, but I am looking forward to renting it. I did just start reading it and wonder if anyone knows if the series plans to incorporate the other four books in the series. From what I've read so far, I plan to read the entire series of four books.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The producers have said that book 3 would likely be divided into 2 seasons and that if they're able to get to a specific event in book 3, they'll be happy. I don't think that means they don't want to go further, but this is a very expensive show to produce, so HBO might not keep it going even if it does well in the ratings (much like Rome). GRRM is currently writing book 6 and plans on 7, but I'd be surprised (but pleased) if they end up covering them all in the series, especially since the books get more and more complex. Book 5 is at least 2 seasons!

Another new trailer, this one nearly 2 minutes long and with lots of new footage!
    GOTT.mov - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread