+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 87 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

New trailer! "A very small man can cast a very large shadow."
    Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Shadow" Tease - YouTube

Just nine weeks until the premiere!
    Jamie5632 and Uncle David like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Yay! Thanks for posting Critical.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

New photos for Season 2 were released today!! But don't click on the link if you don't want to see spoiler pictures...

'Game of Thrones': Amazing season 2 photos | Inside TV | EW.com
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Thanks for the link! I'm not sold on Brienne yet. She's not nearly homely enough. I always pictured a round face and, as she was written, big blue eyes and buckteeth. I'll have to wait and see how the actress portrays her.

Melissandre looks just like I pictured her, although a bit younger. Thumbs up on Stannis too.

HODOR!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

HBO has started replaying Season 1 (I saw it in Thursday and Sunday nights), which has been awesome, since I discovered (read became addicted to) the books after Season 1 wrapped. It has been nice to start to put faces to the names, etc., and I am not eagerly awaiting the arrival of Season 2!

I somehow expected Theon to be cuter (and maybe he will be when it airs). I agree on Melissandre and Stannis. I also thought Davos looked similar to what I pictured. Agree with you on Brienne.

CCL

We've already seen Theon though so unless the actor gets plastic surgery he's going to look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    We've already seen Theon though so unless the actor gets plastic surgery he's going to look the same.
    Of course, if they get far enough into the books, he'll look a LOT different! I wonder if they're going to follow the books with respect to the change in Tyrion's appearance.

CCL

Well, yeah, true enough.

I'm sure Tyrion will be made movie-ugly ie not really ugly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Well, yeah, true enough.

I'm sure Tyrion will be made movie-ugly ie not really ugly at all.
    I'm sure you're right. After all, book Tyrion is quite ugly, with mismatched eyes and unruly, weird hair. Peter Dinklage is anything but ugly. Most of the ugly people on TV are "ugly pretty." I mean, look at Sandor ("The Hound"). He's supposed to be scarred and ugly and really, he's not bad looking.

+ Reply to Thread