+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

The first part (of 5) of the GOT Comic-Con panel is up on YouTube!
    ‪(1 of 5) Game of Thrones, San Diego Comic Con 2011‬‏ - YouTube
    The discussion was lead by GRRM and featured Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kit Harrington, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Joson Momoa, Emilia Clarke and the producers, David Benoiff and and D.B. Weiss. I have to say, Nikolaj and Kit looked particularly yummy.

Hopefully, the next 4 parts will be up soon!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They did, but briefly. I vaguely remember seeing Myrcella and I know we saw Tommen in a scene with the family, including Tyrion. It's a meal scene in King's Landing where Tyrion talks about wanting to see the Wall. Tommen is sitting next to him. I'm pretty sure it's in episode 2.
    I'm looking forward to watching the first season again after finishing the book so I will be able to pick up on the little stuff like this!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm looking forward to watching the first season again after finishing the book so I will be able to pick up on the little stuff like this!!
    I'd planned on re-reading the series before I got book 5, but then I got it early and couldn't wait! I don't know what I was thinking - no way could I have read the 4 books in less than 2 weeks anyway. I plan on re-reading book 1 soon and then I'll watch season 1 again.

All five parts of the Comic-Con panel are up on YouTube now on this channel: ‪magicinthenumbers' s Channel‬‏ - YouTube

The whole panel was really good, although much too short!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I've neither read the books nor watched the series. But there was a good article in EW this week with author George RR Martin. It definitely piqued my interest enough that I'll be picking up the first book, and if all goes well, the next step is season 1. Eventually I'll get caught up
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I've neither read the books nor watched the series. But there was a good article in EW this week with author George RR Martin. It definitely piqued my interest enough that I'll be picking up the first book, and if all goes well, the next step is season 1. Eventually I'll get caught up
    Thanks for mentioning this, Katydyd; I hadn't seen it. I love GRRM - I just think he's a cool cat. His blogs make me chuckle and I (obviously) love his writing. You won't be disappointed if you pick up the books...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Okay, I'm getting even more excited as they cast more roles!

Jaqen H’ghar has been cast! I'm not familiar with the actor, but since I love the character, I have high hopes.
    Exclusive: Tom Wlaschiha is Jaqen H’ghar - Winter Is Coming

They've cast Theon's sister, although they're changing her name to Yara because Asha is too close to Osha, who we'll also meet this season.
    It’s official: Gemma Whelan to play Yara Greyjoy - Winter Is Coming

Also cast is Xaro Xhoan Daxos, who is part of Dany's story:
    Nonso Anozie cast as Xaro Xhoan Daxos - Winter Is Coming

ETA: I found some really cool videos showing the special effects for the show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkpta...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjto...eature=related
    Last edited by Critical; 08-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.

More casting news: 'Game of Thrones' casts Craster, Bolton, Gilly | Inside TV | EW.com
    The pictures in that article are of the actor playing Craster and the young actress playing Gilly.

Picture of Michael Mcelhatton, who will play Roose Bolton: Michael McElhatton Cast as Game of Thrones Season 2 Roose Bolton

So, who's left to cast?

omg he's perfect for Jaqen H'ghar!! but honestly I saw Craster as more like the care taker from Hogwarts Pictures & Photos of David Bradley - IMDb
    Last edited by Duxxy; 08-17-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    omg he's perfect for Jaqen H'ghar!! but honestly I saw Craster as more like the care taker from Hogwarts Pictures & Photos of David Bradley - IMDb
    I guess they had to get someone else since David Bradley is already playing Walder Frey. I always pictured Craster as kind of plump since he's got all of those women tending to him.

Apparently, several signed scripts that were mailed from Belfast for a charity auction are missing: Game of Thrones Shocker: Scripts Stolen, Alleges Series Creator George R.R. Martin - E! Online

In other casting news, Oona Chaplin has been cast as Jeyne, who plays a part in Robb's story (minor spoilers in this article): GAME OF THRONES Casts Oona Chaplin as Stark Love Interest for Season Two | The Daily BLAM!

CCL

Oh I was confused and thought she was playing Sansa's friend Jeyne in which case she is too old. He is pretty good normally for not having characters have the same first names unless they are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Ha-me too!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread