+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4121488;
    LOL! Since I'm new to the series, I didn't realize that. I'm ready to boot Martin off the show's location so he can get back to writing. I hope he hasn't lost his groove...
    I follow him on LiveJournal and he's not on location anymore. He's been editing a few short-story books lately but hasn't made mention of the 5th book in this series in a while. Last I can figure out book5 was being edited with possible re-writes because even though it was supposed to be the last book in the series and 6th book is planned to finish the series. Book 5 got too long (which is what happened to book4, which was originally supposed to be the end of the series)

Television - News - 'Game Of Thrones' is 'beyond Rated R' - Digital Spy

HBOGame Of Thrones producer David Benioff has hinted that the show will be controversial.

According to Access Hollywood, Benioff explained that HBO has allowed the series to include scenes of sex and violence.

"One of the things that had to be done with [my previous project] Troy is so many things had to be cut because we were trying to do a two-and-a-half hour movie and tell this massive, massive story," he said.

"Here, because we have ten hours to tell the story, we're able to include all the major characters... and we're able to do it the way [author] George [R. R. Martin] does it in the books in terms of the darkness of it and the violence of it and the sexuality of it, which a major studio would never let you do, even if you're lucky enough to get an R rating. This is beyond R."

Benioff, who explained that the show is about "power", added: "A lot of people get killed. George's world is a violent world - there's a lot of killing and bloodshed and eviscerations and decapitations and there's a lot of sex. It's one of the things that I loved about these books."

Game Of Thrones will premiere on HBO on April 17. The show will air on Sky Atlantic in the UK.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think I've seen an HBO show without sex and violence really LOL so what's the big deal. Rome and Spartacus come immediately to mind
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4145115;
    I don't think I've seen an HBO show without sex and violence really LOL so what's the big deal. Rome and Spartacus come immediately to mind
    Then there is True Blood which is all sunshine and roses.

Premieres April 17, 2011.

Should be a good spring/summer for HBO with Game of Thrones and then right after that True Blood.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I've been counting down the days! I know, I'm such a dork but I'm excited for it to start...and then to roll right into True Blood.

ETA: HBO will be airing a 15 min. preview of the Premiere tomorrow night at 9pm if anyone's interested.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Kao

I just finished the first book and can't wait for this!

A 15 minute sneek preview was posted and man, they didn't hold back anything! The scene where they find all of the bodies in the clearing and the wight is seriously creepy. Little Anya is adorable.

Saw the 15 minute sneak peek..only anomaly is the killing of the deserter..that didn't quite make sense..but we might be missing some of the back story.

Next week's TV Guide has already given high marks to this series.

Kao

Bearcata: He was part of the Night Watch (and the scouting party that found the bodies in the clearing). When you sign up for the Night Watch it's for life; you can't leave the brotherhood for any reason, and desertion is considered a death offense to prevent others from following in their footsteps. You can't have sex*, get married, or have any children. And you don't get to see your other family members again.

After he witnessed his friends get murdered by the Others (beings that most people considered a myth) he freaked out and fled instead of going back to the Wall and reporting what he saw. That's why he was killed when he was recaptured.

*That's not to say that there aren't people who sneak out late at night to the nearest town and visit the whorehouse, but they make sure they aren't spotted and get back in time for the morning headcount.
    Last edited by Kao; 04-06-2011 at 07:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread