+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Stannis and Melisandre have been cast!
    'Game of Thrones' casts sorceress Melisandre and Stannis Baratheon -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com

I'm not terribly family with either actor, but they look like they'll fit the characters very well. There have been rumors about James Purefoy for Stannis and, although I LOVE him, I don't think he would have been right for the part.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm not familiar with the actress but we saw John Adams and Stephen Dillane played a pensive and somber Thomas Jefferson, so I think he'd make a great Stannis.

These look like two great castings to go along with the Brienne one, which I'm really excited about. Too bad we have to wait another year...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Natalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn on "The Tudors") will join the cast as a regular in the second season. Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell
    Click to see Spoiler:
    set to marry King Robert’s brother Renly Baratheon, in part to support his bid to take the Throne from King Joffrey.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-20-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

After Melisandre and Brienne, this is the casting news I've been waiting for. We have a Davos! Game of Thrones casts Camelot vet in major role | Inside TV | EW.com Some minor plot spoilers in that article

I'm not too familiar with Liam Cunningham, but he looks the part. I'm curious to see how they handle his shortened fingers - CGI? He does wear gloves most of the time, so maybe they can just have his fingers "tucked" under when they're in the gloves Poor guy - that wouldn't be comfortable!

In other news, GRRM has written the script for episode 9 of season 2, called "Blackwater." Given the budgetary constraints on this show - I've read that it's definitely lower than HBO gave Rome - I'll be curious to see how they handle the big scenes.

The GOT panel is going on RIGHT NOW at Comic-Con. I'm watching the live commentary on HBO's site and am SO bummed that I can't be there! Quote from Jason Momoa: "Between you and me, Drogo would kick Conan's ass." Apparently, he's wearing the Drogo eyepaint!

Hopefully, the video will be up soon and we'll get some more casting news! We still haven't heard about Craster or any of the Wildings.

CCL

Are they going to be replacing the child actors? Because the actress plaing Margaery is quite a bit older than she is in the book...I quite like the ones playing Arya, Sansa and Bran so I hope not.
    They announced who would be playing Maester Cressen yesterday - Oliver Ford Davies.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I can't imagine them replacing the younger actors, CCL. The books take place over a few years, so it's not a HUGE length of time. I read an interview with GRRM where he said that he intended for more time to pass in the books, but then he'd write 400 pages and just a few days or weeks had passed.

I think it's just easier to cast an adult than a child for some roles. Because of who Margaery marries, maybe they want to stay away from a young girl for that role. I think Emilia Clarke is maybe 22 and they aged Dany to 18 from 13 in the book.

CCL

Yes, it was a bit weird as they aged some (Jon, Robb, Dany) but not others (Sansa, Arya, Bran, Joffrey). Though I actually preferred them aging the ones they did so I was good with it. I asked about Margaery as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in book 3, which is the book I'm on, Margaery is betrothed to Joffrey and the actor playing Joffrey is considerably younger than the actress playing Margaery.
    Did they show Joffrey's siblings in the show? I don't remember if they did.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-21-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Did they show Joffrey's siblings in the show? I don't remember if they did.
    They did, but briefly. I vaguely remember seeing Myrcella and I know we saw Tommen in a scene with the family, including Tyrion. It's a meal scene in King's Landing where Tyrion talks about wanting to see the Wall. Tommen is sitting next to him. I'm pretty sure it's in episode 2.

+ Reply to Thread