+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I'm very impressed that this season ended on an even stronger note than it started on!!

I cannot wait to see more next season!!!! I am sure that I will re-watch this season before the new one airs next spring. I am now itching to read the books, but I am trying to force myself to finish the book I am currently reading before I jump into these ones. Must...have...will...power....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    The finale was really, really awesome. The ending with the dragons was so creepily adorable. (I want my own baby dragon. Do you think I could train it not to eat my dogs when it grows up? )

I agree with you, shay, I'm happy I haven't read the books yet. It's so much fun watching the series without comparing it to the books. And I do think Arrya is developing, they will have to come up with an outfit that hides her her shape more if she it supposed to be a boy much longer. Speaking of boys, was that one of Robert's illegitimate sons that was talking to Arrya at the end?

Loved the part with the old councilor pretending to be more feeble than he really is. And for a brief, horrifying second I thought that the naked redhead in his room was Sansa! The cast is wonderful, the writing is good, the story is fantastic, spring 2011 can't get here fast enough!
    So Did I!!!! It totally freaked me out until I realized who it was!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So Did I!!!! It totally freaked me out until I realized who it was!!!
    I also thought it was Sansa at first!! The hair color and style looked nearly identical when she had her back to the camera!

Did anyone else catch the green flames in the season 2 teaser?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    I too loved the finale. There were a few differences in the book. The scene with Cersei and the young Lannister boy is not something I remember from the book.
    That's because it's in A Clash of Kings. Cersei loves to keep it in the family!

Loved the finale, loved it loved it loved it! Well, maybe not Drogo dying (because that was sad) but the rest was EXCELLENT! Loved Drogon's slow reveal when he creeped over her shoulder and spread his wings, and his little bb dragon toes!

They really did a good job casting this show. I'm excited to see who they are going to cast for certain key parts for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    That's because it's in A Clash of Kings. Cersei loves to keep it in the family!

Loved the finale, loved it loved it loved it! Well, maybe not Drogo dying (because that was sad) but the rest was EXCELLENT! Loved Drogon's slow reveal when he creeped over her shoulder and spread his wings, and his little bb dragon toes!

They really did a good job casting this show. I'm excited to see who they are going to cast for certain key parts for season 2.
    Since they start filming in about a month, we should be getting casting info soon! I'm eager to see who is cast as Stannis. Rumors have said it's Gerard Butler, but his people have denied it. I'd like it to be someone who isn't as well known. I'm also curious to see who is cast as Davos, as well as Ygritte, Melisandre and, of course, Brienne!...and Caster and Mance Rayder and.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Since they start filming in about a month, we should be getting casting info soon! I'm eager to see who is cast as Stannis. Rumors have said it's Gerard Butler, but his people have denied it. I'd like it to be someone who isn't as well known. I'm also curious to see who is cast as Davos, as well as Ygritte, Melisandre and, of course, Brienne!...and Caster and Mance Rayder and.....
    The person I'm looking forward to seeing most is Jaqen H'ghar. And IK this wouldn't happen but I picture Angelina Jolie as Melisandre. If the woman who plays Coach Beiste was younger, she'd be perfect for Brienne. IDK who they're looking at for Stannis but I could totally picture Viggo Mortensen as him. Only problem with that is Viggo would be too good looking but he definitely fits the picture of the hard, lean man that Stannis is. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I could see them going with a no-name for Stannis but big names for Quorhin, Davos, and Jaquen.
    Something I just saw - Three more interviews with David & Dan - Winter Is Coming I bolded the part I'm most excited about - they already know where the books are headed, so should the unimaginable happen and the series gets cut, they'd know how to wrap it up before the final book comes out!

The next article featuring D&D is this piece by Charlie Jane Anders at sci-fi blog io9. Quite a few cool bits of interesting info is this one, most of it positive, however this part got me a little worried about what lies ahead:

Benioff said they “wouldn’t make any guarantees about anything,” but reiterated that they’re passionate about being true to the books. At the same time, Weiss pointed out that they couldn’t possibly have the casting budget to include all of the characters who turn up in A Clash of Kings, the second book. Already, they’ve had to cut or combine some minor characters in the first book, but in the second season they might actually have to cut some comparatively major characters just to avoid having a cast of thousands.

And lastly, this piece at TV Guide focuses on the ending of the series and how Benioff and Weiss have talked with George R. R. Martin about where this story is going. Not only have they been given early access to A Dance with Dragons (they’ve read the first 600 pages), but they even know how the series will end — and have already begun talking about that final episode.

“We’ve talked through what the final episode, the final season will be.” Executive producer David Benioff adds: “We can’t wait to write that episode. Of the many different fears we have about the show, long-term momentum is not one of them. We’re very confident.”
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The casting announcements have begun. We have our Margaery! (not one of the ones we're eager for, but it's something): 'Tudors' star joins 'Game of Thrones' cast -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com

A few minor spoilers in that article, btw, for those who don't want to know.

Sidebar: While there was nudity in the film, my initial impression was the females looked weird naked. Then I figured, it must be that European body types are so different. Again I was thinking what a weird female body shape during that scene where the prostitute was with that old councilor. Then it hit me. This actress has a normal female figure, nice and toned and normal weight. I am so used to seeing pictures of the ideal female body as this tall, long limbed, no muscle tone, underweight model body that is plastered everywhere I look. Newspapers, magazines, fashion shows, ads, TV, the movies. Look at all the models/actresses there are out there. Here in the US that female body type is heavily promoted as the ideal female body and if you do not fit that body type then there is something wrong with you. Look at the girls that diet, exercise and have plastic surgery to look like that ideal. Seriously, if you do not look like model then you need to look like a Playboy Playmate. I did not realize how prevalent that ideal was until I was watching this show seeing a normal female body type and wondering why they did not look "normal".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love the actors on the show beause of that very reason. They look real!

+ Reply to Thread