+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,459 of 1459
Like Tree580Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

We kind of knew that already though, although this is confirmation. Maybe GRRM will have the next book out before the final season premieres ....and maybe I'll care enough to read it
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

'Game Of Thrones' Season 8 Will Premiere In 2019, So Get Ready For The End Of The Great War

https://www.bustle.com/p/game-of-thr...at-war-7788611

From the article!!!

On the bright side, it's not like HBO announced any significant delays in production.

Filming commenced in mid-October 2017, and the only break showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have announced is thankfully for a legitimate reason.

Actors Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow, and Rose Leslie, who played Ygritte, reportedly called for production to halt for a personal reason: their upcoming wedding.

And it's for a sweet reason; Harington wanted everyone involved in the series to be able to attend.
    FireWoman and Fo'Realz? like this.
    KAREN

CCL

Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

HBO Execs on ‘Game of Thrones’ Finale, ‘Big Little Lies’ Season 2 – Variety
    A few excerpts...
    The final season of “Game of Thrones” will not disappoint, promise HBO executives who recounted being at the table read for the last few episodes.

“It was a really powerful moment in our lives and our careers,” said Francesca Orsi, HBO SVP of drama, who took part in a panel titled “The Best of HBO” at the INTV Conference in Israel. “None of the cast had received the scripts prior, and one by one they started falling down to their deaths.”

In discussing “Game of Thrones” during the session, Orsi said that at the table read of the final six scripts (“a dream opportunity,” she said), everyone stood up and applauded for 15 to 20 minutes. “It was amazing,” she said of the episodes, which will air in 2019. “By the very end, everyone looked down and looked up and tears were in their eyes.”

The network execs revealed they hope to continue the magic with the potential spinoffs, which Orsi promised will live up to the original. “It feels like corporate malfeasance to not continue it,” said Orsi. “That’s why it spawned three, four, five spinoffs,” adding that “we’re going big.”
    waywyrd and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Spinoffs? Sounds interesting....I wonder if they'll be prequels or continuations?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

CCL

Prequels, apparently, but not necessarily directly connected to the GOT stories. More information here: Game of Thrones' spin-offs

Regarding the ending of GOT
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently there has been betting on/rampant speculation that Bran ends up on the Iron Throne. Which to me would be bizarre, especially considering how the character was acted last season.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Okay, guys, keep in mind that this could TOTALLY NOT be legit, but someone at the Freefolk reddit claims to work on the show and leaked script details for the entire season. It's long and crazy and some of the writing isn't easy to follow. The person explained that they weren't allowed to have a phone on set, so they went on memory and any notes they could write. NO pics or anything. Some things have lots of detail and others don't.

Some of it is really satisfying and I hope it's true and some is kind of annoying and I hope it isn't true. Anyway, here's the first page of it. IT IS LOOOOONG:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...s_part_1_of_5/

A few thoughts:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Definitely NOT happy if the stuff about Tyrion betraying everyone and killing Varys and Dany is true. I can see where it could happen, but I hope it doesn't. It would kind of break my heart.
    Sad if Gendry dies so early on. I was hoping he'd play more of a part in the end.
    LOVE the idea of Arya taking on Littlefinger's face to get into King's Landing and even though it robs her of the pleasure of killing Cersei, it seems inevitable that Jaime does it.
    Makes total sense to me if Jon ends up on the Iron Throne AND if Dany does not. It seems like it should go to someone who really doesn't want it after all these would-be kings and queens who want it SO badly.
    Bummed if Sansa goes out so early in the season, but happy if Brienne and Tormund have a (little ginger!) daughter and name her Sansa.
    Freaking Bran......

One thing in the reddit posts lines up with a spoiler I read on Watchers on the Wall, which is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Winterfell burns. WotW has pics of the Winterfell set burning that were posted pretty recently.

CCL

Click to see Spoiler:
    I just read your thoughts and not the link. But I am going to hope that a lot of it is not true. I know that HBO has been working to prevent leaks which may run to them planting false stories ...except the Brienne and Tormund part can be true, because that is adorable.

What happens to Bran?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

+ Reply to Thread