+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree575Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I actually came here specifically to talk about the third rider. I do think it is the Night King. And he will bring the Wall down (since a dragon has to do it). Remember, he is a Stark. So you have a Stark, a Targareyn and one who is both!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am not sure I 100% subscribe to that theory, The Night King being a Stark. There is a Night's King, who was the 13th Commander, and The Night King. I am more of the mind set that the Night's King was a Stark, but The Night King is not. That notwithstanding, given the merging of information and stories, the show runners MAY have combined them both.. thus fostering the theory further. I do agree with the dragon bringing down the one, which is why I feel the Night King is the 3rd rider as Dany's dragons would not take the wall down, but another dragon can, has to, and would if is rider was The Night King.
    Critical likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am not sure I 100% subscribe to that theory, The Night King being a Stark. There is a Night's King, who was the 13th Commander, and The Night King. I am more of the mind set that the Night's King was a Stark, but The Night King is not. That notwithstanding, given the merging of information and stories, the show runners MAY have combined them both.. thus fostering the theory further. I do agree with the dragon bringing down the one, which is why I feel the Night King is the 3rd rider as Dany's dragons would not take the wall down, but another dragon can, has to, and would if is rider was The Night King.
    Not putting this part in spoiler - I thought that is what came out last season? I remember it being a big deal because it was the first real spoiler that went beyond the book. Are you saying you don't think that's what GRRM meant in the books? Because I thought he came out and confirmed?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Not putting this part in spoiler - I thought that is what came out last season? I remember it being a big deal because it was the first real spoiler that went beyond the book. Are you saying you don't think that's what GRRM meant in the books? Because I thought he came out and confirmed?

Click to see Spoiler:

I recall where Bran saw the changing of a First Man buy the Children of the Forest with the dragonglass and all.. which was well before the Wall was built (or there would have been a Lord Commander.. let alone a 13th one). If they changed that line of the story from the books, I guess missed where they said it was a Stark.

But to answer the second part of your question, Martina said simply when asked, and I had to search for this quote:

"As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have."

This suggests that they are 2 different characters, and to me the way they showed the changing.. still supports that as well given the time line. What the show PTB decide to do with that tho, lol, who knows. I think the Night King is Bran, but that a whole different convo!!!
    KatesMom likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

This show is killing it! Arya's training fight, Tyron watching the battle, Little Finger, Theon and Jon, Jon and Dany, Drogon, Jamie and Bronn, the Dothraki coming over the hill...everything!
    waywyrd and FireWoman like this.
    Count your blessings!

I'm usually pretty quiet when I watch tv, but last night's battle had me whooping, hollering, screeching, and just being generally obnoxious as my emotions went all over the place! GREAT episode. Now my hopes are on the Arya/Jon reunion scene being the one with the all the feels because the Bran ones are awful (I get it, but give me something! Although Bran/Arya did) and the Sansa one was funny with the "yes" answer to the "Lady Stark" question. I got excited for a hopefully future scene of Arya versus a White Walker thanks to Bran giving her the dagger.
    Critical likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fanatic

I am still waiting for Brienne to cut of Littlefinger's head.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:

I recall where Bran saw the changing of a First Man buy the Children of the Forest with the dragonglass and all.. which was well before the Wall was built (or there would have been a Lord Commander.. let alone a 13th one). If they changed that line of the story from the books, I guess missed where they said it was a Stark.

But to answer the second part of your question, Martina said simply when asked, and I had to search for this quote:

"As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have."

This suggests that they are 2 different characters, and to me the way they showed the changing.. still supports that as well given the time line. What the show PTB decide to do with that tho, lol, who knows. I think the Night King is Bran, but that a whole different convo!!!
    Gotcha! And consider my mind blown with the theory in your last sentence!!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I'm usually pretty quiet when I watch tv, but last night's battle had me whooping, hollering, screeching, and just being generally obnoxious as my emotions went all over the place! GREAT episode. Now my hopes are on the Arya/Jon reunion scene being the one with the all the feels because the Bran ones are awful (I get it, but give me something! Although Bran/Arya did) and the Sansa one was funny with the "yes" answer to the "Lady Stark" question. I got excited for a hopefully future scene of Arya versus a White Walker thanks to Bran giving her the dagger.
    If the spoilers are right, the dagger has a very poetic use coming!
    Critical likes this.

If the spoilers are right, the dagger has a very poetic use coming!
    I'm super excited about that spoiler. I hope it's true!
    KatesMom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In case anyone missed the latest installment of Game of Jones...
    https://youtu.be/tvcrwTcA5iw
    CCL likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread