+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree572Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I've read every spoiler I could get my hands on and so far, the spoilers in the link I posted upthread are DEAD ON. It's going to be a great season!

That first scene was so damned satisfying. Arya's turned into a total bad@ss.

So we saw pretty much everyone except the Greyjoy siblings.....or did I miss them? We even caught a glimpse of Ser Jorah!

Tormund mooning over Brienne

I could have done without the Ed Sheeran cameo. I'm a fan, but that pulled me out of the story. IMO, if they want to do stuff like that, they should put the celeb in makeup so they're not recognizable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When Euron was propositioning Cersei and said he wanted to marry the most beautiful woman in the world, I said aloud, "But Daenerys Targaryen turned me down, so here I am."

ETA: I'm glad I wasn't eating during that (very well-edited, but totally disgusting) montage of Sam shelving books, emptying bedpans and serving food...the latter two of which looked pretty much the same

Hardly recognized Jim Broadbent. I knew him from his voice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Euron is such a pig. And the Sam scene got to be where I couldn't tell the difference between the soup and poop. Glad I wasn't eating during the show, either. Ew.

Arya in the first scene! I wanted to stand up and applaud. So happy she got to take that nasty bunch out...it looked so much like the Red Wedding, the way they had it set up. Will Arya meet up with the Hound again?

Littlefinger is still a creeper, but I loved Sansa's insult near the end. I hope it doesn't come back to bite her, if she's too harsh with him. And I doubt that Brienne will ever give in to Tormund, but I'd love to see it if she did.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Such a great episode. Arya is so bad ass. LOVE IT!!! I love the dynamic between Littlefinger and Sansa. I think she reminds him of her mother so much and she could basically say anything to him and it would make him want her even more because she is just as feisty as her mother. I also bust out laughing everytime I see Tormund drooling over Brienne, frigging hilarious. SO glad this back.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Twitter shades Ed Sheeran's 'Game of Thrones' cameo

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...meo/483619001/

Fans are not feeling it for ES at all.
    Critical likes this.
    KAREN

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

When I saw him last night I actually thought it was funny. Very random.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I love Ed Sheeran, but I was annoyed at that cameo. I don't want to be "pulled out" of the scene like that. It took until the third time I watched the episode to really get into that scene. He was a distraction.

Loved Sansa rocking the season 1 Cersei hair. Foreshadowing? I did enjoy her smackdown of Littlefinger. She's not as malleable as he thinks.

According to the actors and showrunners, the Tormund/Brienne "romance" was totally spontaneous and not in the script. I love that they just came up with that and it WORKED! Fans are totally into it. With Tormund and his crew headed off to the Wall, they'll soon be separated, but maybe they'll both survive and can get together and make lots of tall ginger babies once the fighting's all over!
    waywyrd likes this.

Just watched. Eeeeeee! Very satisfying start to the season.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

The first episode was all I wanted and more, the only thing that would have put it over the top is if Brienne had cut off Littlefinger's head after the Sansa exchange. THAT would have made the episode total perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    The first episode was all I wanted and more, the only thing that would have put it over the top is if Brienne had cut off Littlefinger's head after the Sansa exchange. THAT would have made the episode total perfection.
    Well, it's just episode 1, so there's still hope!
    short_lived likes this.

+ Reply to Thread