+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I'm going to try again, today, but I've not been able to sign up yet and I, too, am with DISH. I've just caught up with the most recently shown episode of GOT this morning, so I can wait until this evening to see episode 7.

And I remember when, on the show, that they said that "The Calisi" was only 13. I am so glad that her brother, The Dragon (or so he thought!), finally got his!!! I kept hoping that somebody would just lop his head off, but they couldn't shed blood where they were.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode so we can finally talk about it but I'm REALLY looking forward to next week's episode 8. It's the one that GRRM wrote...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

My husband and I were saying last night that it's surprising that there aren't more people that watch this show.It's got everything as far as I'm concerned.Great storylines,excellent acting,beautiful cinematography and not one dull minute.It's got action(those fighting scenes),sex(brothel scenes),romance(Drogo and Dany)and have I mentioned all the hot men??
    Plus it's got Sean frickin' Bean
    Really folks give it a shot,you won't be sorry.

Kao

Soooo good this week! HodorHodorHodor!

I'm buying tissues for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Soooo good this week! HodorHodorHodor!

I'm buying tissues for next week.
    ....and for the season finale, too

For me, this was the best episode of the season. SO much happened and it could have felt frenetic and cluttered, but instead, it was tight and perfectly paced. This is probably because GRR Martin wrote the episode.

HODOR!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ....and for the season finale, too

For me, this was the best episode of the season. SO much happened and it could have felt frenetic and cluttered, but instead, it was tight and perfectly paced. This is probably because GRR Martin wrote the episode.

HODOR!
    ITA! Watching the Arya and Sirio and Arya and stable boy scenes, as well as the scenes with Bran & Osha play out exactly as I'd envisioned them were cool to see. I was disappointed Ghost wasn't given his part to play but happy Grey Wind got his moment. Drogo is certainly one big, ol' bad a$$. I wouldn't want to go head to head with him...literally - lol. Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left.

Sidenote - I read GRRM is busy writing an episode for next season. I'm excited to see how that one plays out as well (though only if it doesn't take away his time from Book 6!)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I've not read the books, and I came to the series because of Sean Bean. I've fallen for Arya, Jon, Dany and Tyrion. Such fantastic characters and well cast.

The next couple of episodes will be hard. I can't believe we only have 2 more.

they are my favourite characters also SassyKat, I had to get the whole set of books for my kobo.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Wow, that was intense. Although much of it was tough to watch, I thought they did a beautiful job with it. The execution scene was exactly as I pictured it.

Am I imagining things about Tyrion's role in the battle? I don't remember him being knocked out and missing it all in the book. Also, that's not at all how I pictured Shae. She seems MUCH older than 18, but maybe they aged that character like they did with so many other female characters.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OMGosh!! I have not read the books and I was NOT expecting Ned to get beheaded!!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised because Geoffrey is such a little turd (to put it lightly), but I am still in complete shock!!!!!!!!

That was a fantastic episode. I cannot believe the season is almost over.

+ Reply to Thread